Selemix 2.776.0600 High Temperature Resistant Coating is a single pack topcoat that will resist temperatures up to 600° Celsius and can be applied direct to steel.
Selemix 2.776.0600 is a single pack topcoat with a black finish that has been formulated from modified silicon resins that forms a protective film on the substrate that is heat resistant up to temperatures of 600 degrees Celsius, another advantage of 2.776.0600 is that it can adhere directly to suitably prepared steel.
Selemix 2.776.0600 is ideal for application onto items such as steel, mild steel, alloys, aluminium, iron, stainless steel, engines, steam pipes, boilers, radiators, vents, stoves, ovens, drying racks, engines, barbecues, commercial ovens, Aga ovens, wood burning stoves, cooling racks, brake callipers, engine bays, chimneys, exhausts, steel structure, light industrial equipment, plant equipment, generators plus many more
Selemix 2.776.0600 is best used when a black heat resistant finish up to 600° Celsius is required. Selemix 2.776.0600 is perfect for application on to Aga ovens, wood burning stoves, cooling racks, brake callipers, engine bays, chimneys, exhausts, steel, mild steel, alloys, aluminium, iron, stainless steel, engines, steel structure, light industrial equipment, plant equipment, generators plus many more.
If apply direct to bare steel the substrate will need to be thoroughly degreased then abraded with P320 sand paper to remove all traces of rust and to produce an abdicate key, the substrate will then need to be re-cleaned before application, if applying to aluminium prepare in the same way but apply the 2.776.0600 within 4 hours, please also note the substrate temperature will need to above 15° Celsius before application, for best result and optimum performance it is recommended that 2 coats are applied.
If being applied internally 2.776.0600 can be applied directly to the substrate, if being applied externally and corrosion protection is required please contact our technical team for further advice. Selemix 2.776.0600 can be applied via conventional sprayers, airmix sprayer and brush or roller and when applied at 25 micron dry film thickness has a theoretical coverage of 10-12 m2 per kg.
2.776.0600 will also require thinning prior to use at with Selemix Thinners 1-215 at a general ratio of 20-25% volume or for brush application thin by 2-3% volume, always consult the manufacturer’s technical datasheet prior to use for applicable mix ratio.
- Selemix 2.776.0600 high temperature resistant coating
- Resistant to temperatures up to 600 degrees Celsius
- Single pack silicone based
- Available in black
- Spray applied via conventional sprayers, airmix sprayers and brush or roller
- Can be applied direct to steel
- If using externally and corrosion protection is required please contact our technical team for advice
- Substrate temperature must be above 15 degrees Celsius for application
- Theoretical coverage of 10-12m2 per kg when applied at a 25 micron dry film thickness
- Compatible thinners 1-215, 1-205 for large areas and 1-610 for surfaces above 30 degrees Celsius
- Always consult the manufacturer’s technical datasheet prior to use
- Available in 4 Kg