PPG Sigma AquaCover 400 is a pack poly amide cured water-borne general purpose epoxy build coat and protective coating systems for steel structures and concrete surfaces.
Sigma AquaCover 400 is a two component polyamide cured water-borne epoxy particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted because of health and safety reasons. Sigma AquaCover 400 works excellently well as part of a protective system used on structural steel exposed to adverse atmospheric conditions.
Sigma AquaCover 400 is a coating best used to offer excellent durability to the surface ready for an overcoating with any of the range of Sigma Topcoats. AquaCover 400 can be overcoated with most dispersion and alkyd paints to create a durable finish but is best used over surfaces primed with AquaCover 200.
Sigma AquaCover 400 can be applied using airless spray, long haired brush or roller with rounder edges and has an ultra fast drying time of just 1.5 hours to touch at 20 degrees Celsius and is ready for an overcoat after just 2 hours. Sigma AquaCover 400 has a theoretical coverage rate of 7.1m2 per litre and is available in a selection of shades suitable for use on metal. and concrete floors.
Surface and Environment
Sigma AquaCover 400 is designed for use in industrial or coastal exposures where weathering can be a massive factor in causing damage to surfaces. Sigma AquaCover 400 is ideal for use on structural steel and galvanised steel.
- LuL APR No. 1256 - For use in below ground stations, for internal locations and for use on steel only. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer and an epoxy finish coat. It complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' when applied to a steel substrate. It is not for masonry substrates.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C3 Medium at 125 microns DFT
- PPG Sigma AquaCover 400 is a two component poly amide cured water-borne epoxy coating
- General purpose epoxy build coat in protective coating systems for steel structures in atmospheric exposure
- Particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted because of health and safety reasons
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments
- Can be over coated with most dispersion and alkyd paints and 2 component durable finishes
- Easy application by brush/roller and (airless) spray
- Suitable for concrete floors
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.1 m2 at 75 microns 5.3 m2 at 100 microns
- Touch dry after 1.5 hour
- Over coating interval min. 2 hours
- Available in 4 Litres