Sigma AquaCover 200 is a water based primer available in RAL 1015 that provides a protective system for structural steel that is exposed to adverse atmospheric conditions.
Sigma AquaCover 200 is a two component polyamide cured waterborne epoxy primer which is particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted, for health and safety reasons. Sigma AquaCover 200 works well as part of a protective system used on structural steel exposed to adverse atmospheric conditions.
Sigma AquaCover 200 is a priming coating best used to offer excellent adhesion to surfaces ready for an overcoating with Sigma Topcoats. AquaCover 200 can be overcoated with most dispersion and alkyd paints to create a durable finish.
Sigma AquaCover 200 can be applied using an airless spray, long haired brush or roller with rounder edges and has an ultra fast drying time of just 1.5 hours to touch at 20 degrees celsius and is ready for an overcoat after just 2 hours. Sigma AquaCover 200 has a theoretical coverage rate of 7.1m2 per litre and is available in a selection of shades suitable for use on metal.
Surface and Environment
Sigma AquaCover 200 is designed for use in industrial or coastal exposures where weathering can be a massive factor in causing damage to surfaces. Sigma AquaCover 200 has excellent rust preventing properties and is ideal for use on steel and galvanised steel.
- LuL APR No. 1256 - For use in below ground stations, for internal locations and for use on steel only. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer and an epoxy finish coat. It complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' when applied to a steel substrate. It is not for masonry substrates.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C3 Medium at 75 microns DFT
- Two component polyamide cured waterborne epoxy primer
- General purpose epoxy primer in protective coating systems for steel
- Structures in atmospheric exposure
- Particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted because of health and safety reasons
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments
- Can be overcoated with most dispersion and alkyd paints and 2 component
- Durable finishes
- Easy application by brush or roller and (airless) spray
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.1 m2 per litre at 75 microns, 5.3 m2 per litre at 100 microns
- Touch dry after 1.5 hour
- Available in RAL 1015
- Overcoating interval minimum of 2 hours.