PPG Sigma SigmaFast 278 is a 2 component high solids zinc phosphate epoxy primer.
SigmaFast 278 is a 2 component high solids rapid drying zinc phosphate epoxy Primer and build coat that has been formulated to cure at low temperatures down to -5 degrees C.
SigmaFast 278 also offers excellent corrosion resistance when exposed to atmospheric conditions. SigmaFast 278 is available in a limited range of MIO colours in a flat matt finish.
SigmaFast 278 is formulated for application to blast cleaned to ISO Sa2 1/2 steel although manual cleaning can be carried out with power tools. 278 is also suitable for application to galvanized steel providing it has been de-greased, any salts removed and the surface must also be keyed.
Any thinning must be by the addition of PPG Thinners 91-92 and application should be by airless spray though application by a solvent resistant mini roller is possible and due to the thixotropic nature of the paint application by brush may result in brush marks being evident.
As SigmaFast 278 is an epoxy coating and not a polyurethane if it is intended that the 278 is used as a finished top coat chalking and turning slightly yellow may result form UV degradation although this will not have any effect on the paints performance. Even if the paint has suffered from any yellowing due to the unlimited over coating time of the paint a UV stable top coat can be applied at a later date.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C3 High at 150 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 170 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 200 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C5-I High at 200 microns DFT
- Epoxy Primer and Build Coat for protective coatings systems
- Wide application range
- Easy application by airless spray
- Speed curing in shop steel fabrication
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel
- Excellent corrosion resistance in atmospheric exposure
- Pot life 1 hour at 20°C
- Cures at temperatures down to -5°C
- Theoretical coverage 6.4 m2 per litre at 125 microns
- Available in Cream, RAL 7035 Light Grey, Off White & Red Brown
- Available in 20 Litres