Sika MonoTop 610 is a one component cementitious, polymer modified primer for reinforcement protection and also a bonding bridge for MonoTop concrete repair mortars.
Sika MonoTop 610 only requires mixing with water. With active corrosion inhibitors for added protection, this product has adjustable consistency, is sprayable by wet spray method and is also suitable for drinking water contact.
Sika MonoTop 610 may be used to bond MonoTop concrete repair mortars to existing cementitious or steel substrates and provide additional corrosion protection to reinforcement in MonoTop concrete repair mortars especially in areas of low concrete cover and in the presence of chlorides. Suitable for drinking water contact.
If Applying To Concrete: The concrete shall be free from dust, loose material, surface contamination and materials which reduce bond or prevent suction or wetting by repair materials.For Steel Reinforcement: Rust, scale, mortar, concrete, dust and other loose and deleterious material which reduces bond or contributes to corrosion shall be removed to a minimum standard of SA2. Reference should also be made to BS EN1504-10:2003 for specific requirements. The edges where concrete is removed should be cut at a minimum angle of 90° to avoid undercutting and a maximum angle of 135° to reduce the possibility of debonding with the top surface of the adjacent sound concrete and should be roughened sufficiently to provide a mechanical key between the original material and Sika MonoTop-610. Ensure sufficient concrete is removed from around reinforcement to allow coating and compaction of the repair material. Pre-wet the concrete substrate. The surface should not be allowed to dry before application of the concrete repair mortar. The surface should achieve a dark matt appearance without glistening and surface pores and pits should not contain water. Refer to Data Sheets prior to use.
Sika MonoTop Concrete Repair System
- Sika MonoTop-610: Bonding primer and reinforcement coating
- Sika MonoTop-612: Hand and wet spray applied repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop-615: Hand and wet spray applied high build repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop-620: Smoothing coat
- Approved for potable water contact as part of a system
- Consumption: This depends on the substrate roughness and thickness of layer applied. As a guide, Reinforcement Coating: ~ 2.0 kg/m2 per coat or as a Bonding Primer: ~ 1.5 – 2.0 kg/m2
- Storage: 12 months from date of production if stored properly in original unopened, sealed and undamaged packaging in dry and cool conditions
- Appearance: Light Grey powder
- Available in 25kg bags