Sika Sikafloor 20 PurCem is a multi-component, water based coloured polyurethane hybrid flooring screed. A flat, high abrasion, chemical, impact and slip resistant surface that is typically installed at 6 – 9 mm.
Sika Sikafloor 20 PurCem is used as a final flooring wear layer in Sikafloor PurCem HM-20 system build up in areas of high mechanical abrasion and impacts, aggressive chemical attack, thermal shocks and high temperature stresses.
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent mechanical resistance
- High glass transition point
- Good chemical resistance
- Non tainting / odourless
- VOC free and environmental friendly
- Can be applied to substrates with high moisture content (7 days old or mature damp concrete)
Sikafloor®-20 PurCem® may only be used by experienced professionals.
The surface must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by vacuum. Pull of strength shall not be less than 1.5 N/mm2. If in doubt apply a test area first.
Homogenise part A with a low speed electric stirrer and then add part B and premix part A and B separately for 30 seconds. Make sure all pigment is uniformly distributed. For the colour pack version, homogenise part A neutral with a low speed electric stirrer and add part D to it. Mix until a uniform colour is achieved. Add part B and mix A neutral, D and B separately for 30 seconds. Make sure all pigment is uniformly distributed.
Start the pan mixer and gradually add part C (aggregate) to the mixed resin parts over a period of 15 seconds. Allow part C to blend for further 2 minutes minimum, to ensure complete mixing and a uniform mix is obtained. During the operations, scrape down the sides and bottom of the container with a flat or straight edge trowel at least once (parts A+B+C or Aneutral+B+C+D) to ensure complete mixing. Mix full units only.
Use a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) for mixing parts A and B. For preparation of the mortar mix use a double paddle mixer.
Prior to application, confirm substrate moisture content, relative humidity and dew point. Sikafloor®-20 PurCem® can be applied using a flat, round edge steel trowel. A short pile roller can be used once or twice, and always in the same direction, to provide a more homogeneous finish to the surface. For further details please refer to the related system data sheet and method statement.
- Polyurethane screed for concrete protection according to the requirements of EN 1504-2:2004 and conforms to the requirements of EN 13813: 2002, DoP
02 08 02 02 001 0 000001 1088, certified by Factory Production Control Body, 0086, certificate 541325, and provided with the CE-mark.
- EN1186, EN 13130, and prCEN/TS 14234 standards, and the Decree on Consumer Goods, representing the conversion of directives 89/109/EEC, 90/128/EEC and 2002/72/EC for contact with food stuffs, according to test report by ISEGA, 32758 U11 and 32759 U11, both dated December 6th, 2011. (Tests performed on Sikafloor® -20/21/22/29 and 31 PurCem® in standard and LP versions).
- British Standards Specifications (BSS) acceptance for use in the UK.
- Campden and Chorleywood Food Research Association, Ref. S/REP/125424/1a and 2a, dated 8th February, 2012
- Fire classification report according to EN 13501-1 from Exova Warrington Fire for Sikafloor®-20 Pur-Cem® No.317045, dated 24th of March, 2012
- Liquid water transmission rate test report from the Technology Centre, Ref. 15456 dated January 25th, 2012
- Abrasion resistance tests performed by Face Consultants Ltd., according to BS 8204-2:2003, report ref. FC/12/3850, dated January 17th, 2012. (Tests performed
on Sikafloor® -20/21 PurCem®)
- Impact resistance values tested at PRA, Ref. nº 75221-151a, dated February 15th, 2012
- Thermal expansion coefficient and freeze-thaw cycle resistance performed at RWTH / IBAC, report nº M-1614 dated May 29th, 2012.
|Components:||Multi Pack (4 Parts)|
|Stock Colours:||Agate Grey, Beige, Dusty Grey, Grass Green, Light Grey, Maize Yellow, Oxide Red, Pebble Grey, Sky Blue|
|Tintable:||Yes,upon request. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||140 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||For use in a Sikafloor system|
|Application Method:||Sikafloor®-20 PurCem® can be applied using a flat, round edge steel trowel. A short pile roller can be used once or twice, and always in the same direction, to provide a more homogeneous finish to the surface.|
|Theoretical Coverage:||12 m2/L/coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||75 - 100 microns/coat|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||35 microns per/coat|
|Pot Life:||22 - 25 minutes at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Between 24 hours and 48 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean all tools and application equipment with Sika Thinner C immediately after use. Hardened / cured material can only be mechanically removed.|
|Packaging:||Available in 32.5 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.