Sika Sikafloor 81 EpoCem is a three part, epoxy modified cementitious, fine textured mortar for self smoothing floor screeds in thin layers of 1.5 to 3mm.
Sika Sikafloor 81 EpoCem may only be used by experienced professionals. Sika Sikafloor 81 EpoCem is suitable as a Temporary Moisture Barrier (TMB) (min. 2 mm
thick) allowing the application of Epoxy, Polyurethane and PMMA* resin floors requiring dry substrates, over high moisture content substrates, even green concrete,
for a lasting solution.
Sika Sikafloor 81 EpoCem is also suitable as a self-smoothing screed for levelling or patching horizontal concrete surfaces, in new work or repairs, in aggressive chemical environments, floor topping on non ventilated damp substrates without particular aesthetic requirements, levelling layer under Epoxy, Polyurethane and
PMMA* floor coatings / screeds, tiles, sheet floors, carpets or wooden floors.
This is also ideal for the repair and maintenance of monolithic and vacuum concrete floors. Sika Sikafloor 81 EpoCem is designed for use on cementitious substrates:
Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.3 of EN 1504-9) and suitable for physical resistance (Principle 5, method 5.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Can be top coated with resin based floors after 24 hours (+20ºC, 75% r.h.)
- Prevents osmotic blistering of resin based coatings over damp substrates
- Economical and fast, easy application
- Good levelling properties
- Impervious to liquids but permeable to water vapour
- Frost and de-icing salt resistant
- Good chemical resistance
- Thermal expansion properties similar to concrete
- Excellent bond to green or hardened concrete whether damp or dry
- Excellent early and final mechanical strengths
- Excellent resistance to water and oils
- Ideal preparation for smooth surface finishes
- For internal use
- Contains no solvents
The system configuration as described must be fully complied with and may not be changed.
Primer indicated below is suitable for each of these substrates:
- Green concrete (as soon as mechanical preparation is possible)
- Damp concrete (> 14 days old)
- Damp aged concrete (rising moisture)
Levelling screed for medium substrate roughness:
- Layer thickness: 1.5 - 3 mm
- Primer: Sikafloor®-155 WN
- Screed: Sikafloor®-81 EpoCem
Please refer to the System Data Sheet of :
- Sikafloor® MultiDur ES-14 ECC Low textured epoxy hybrid screed with coloured epoxy roller coat
- Sikafloor® MultiDur EB-24 ECC Broadcast unicolour epoxy floor covering over epoxy hybrid screed
- Sikafloor® MultiDur ET-14 ECC Textured unicolour epoxy roller coat over epoxy hybrid screed
Sika Sikafloor MultiDur EB-24 ECC is used within the following Sika systems:
- Sikafloor MultiDur ES-14 ECC
- Sikafloor MultiDur EB-24 ECC
- Sikafloor MultiDur EB-14 ECC
- Sikafloor MultiDur ET-14 ECC
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
|VOC Content:||40 g/L|
|Application Method:||Trowel, Spike Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||~ 2.25 Kg per m2 per mm (See appropriate system data sheet)|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Overcoatable:||After 1 day at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use. Hardened / cured material can only be removed mechanically.|
|Shelf Life:||12 months in original unopened containers.|
|Packaging:||Available in 23 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.