Sikagard® 551S Elastic Primer is for very dense or porous concrete surfaces or difficult application conditions.
Sikagard® 551S Elastic Primer is a one component, solvent containing primer which provides deep penetration yet is water vapour permeable, whilst strengthening the surface.
Sikagard® 551S Elastic Primer is a priming solution designed to provide adhesion and bonding power to surfaces that are extremely porous or dense and can be difficult to coat. Sikagard® 551S Elastic Primer can also be used as a primer to firmly adhere to existing solvent based coatings.
- Priming of very dense concrete and of very porous concrete (having a tensile strength lower than 1 N/mm2)
- Sikagard®-551 S Elastic Primer can also be used as primer on firmly adhering existing solvent based coatings
- Sikagard®-551 S Elastic Primer is part of the system:
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.3 of EN 1504-9)
Sikagard® 551S Elastic Primer can be applied using a brush, roller or airless spray. It has a theoretical coverage rate of 7-10 square metres per kg. Sikagard® 551S Elastic Primer can be overcoated after 18 hours (at 20 degrees Celsius) with Sikagard® 550W.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 551S Elastic Primer has been designed for use on porous or dense surfaces (primarily concrete). It is suited for application in adverse conditions, offering good strength and deep penetrative qualities.
- Protective coating according to EN 1504-2, DoP 02 03 03 06 001 0 000001 1010; certified by Factory Production Control Body: 0921; certificate 0921-BPR-2073 and provided with the CE-mark
|Type:||Solvent Based Primer|
|Stock Colours:||Slightly yellowish liquid|
|VOC Content:||750.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For priming of very dense concrete and of very porous concrete (having a tensile strength lower than 1 N/mm2)
Sikagard®-551 S Elastic Primer can also be used as primer on firmly adhering existing solvent based coatings
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||0.10 - 0.15 Kg per m2 depending on substrate|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Overcoatable:||After 18 hours at 20°C - When application is on existing coating, waiting time prior to overcoat the primer will increase by 100%.|
|Fully Cured:||Sikagard®-551 S Elastic Primer does not require any special curing but must be protected from rain for at least 6 hours at +20°C.|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Sika Thinner C|
|Shelf Life:||36 months from date of production if stored properly in undamaged and unopened original sealed packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Kg|