Keim Soldalit Fixativ is a sol-silicate binding agent for use with the Keim Soldalit System.
Keim Soldalit Fixativ is a sol-silicate binding agent and dilution product, designed for use with the Keim Soldalit System.
Keim Soldalit Fixativ is best used as a binding agent in conjunction with Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint to provide adhesion when used in an external environment.
Keim Soldalit Fixativ can be applied by mixing the product with Soldalit Silicate Paint or by brushing/rolling the material onto the surface prior to the application of Soldalit Paint.
- As a pre-treatment one coat of Keim Soldalit Fixativ undiluted on highly absorbent or friable substrates
- Highly absorbent substrates Keim Soldalit can be diluted with a maximum of 10% by weight of Keim Soldalit Fixativ.
Surface and Environment
Keim Soldalit Fixativ can be applied directly onto highly absorbent or friable surfaces or diluted with Keim Soladit at about 10% to create a product that adheres better to porous substrates.
We recommend using Keim Facade Brush with this product to get the best finish possible.
- Keim Soldalit Fixativ is used to consolidate friable surfaces as a binder coat and as a dilution coat for the Keim Soldalit system as required
- As a pre-treatment: one coat of Keim Soldalit Fixativ undiluted on highly absorbent or friable substrates
- Highly absorbent substrates: Keim Soldalit can be diluted with a maximum of 10% by weight of Keim Soldalit Fixativ
- Specific Weight: approx. 1.6g/cm3
- pH value: approx. 11
- Theoretical Coverage: 0.1 - 0.2 litres per m2.
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.