Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint is a water based exterior coating based on a combination of silica sol and potassium silicate binding agents.
London Underground Approval No.2471
Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint is a highly developed, multi purpose, exterior sol silicate paint system based on a combination of silica sol and potassium silicate binding agents. Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint is available in most BS and RAL colours on request to provide you with a highly decorative coating.
Keim Soldalit is a superior and updated formulation which can be applied directly onto existing coatings or modern render without priming.
Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint is best used for providing an ultra resistant coating to exterior walls made out of mineral substrates and can be applied to all substrates that have been coated with a sound dispersion and silicon based paint.
Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray. An interval of 12 hours should be left in between applying the basecoat and topcoat to allow the basecoat to dry properly and let the topcat adhere properly. Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint has a theoretical coverage rate of 2-3m2 per Kg based on a two coat application system.
Surface and Environment
Keim Soldalit Silicate Paint can be applied to all mineral, exterior substrates to offer a matt finish in a range of different colours and can be used to protect exterior surfaces in conditions exposed to weathering, providing a long term protection system that resists UV light damage, some acids and chemicals, and hinders the growth of algae and fungus due to its excellent moisture resisting properties.
- LuL APR No.2471 - Suitable for general use in stations, surface and below ground, but particularly suited to external locations.
- Combines the undisputed advantages of a classic mineral paint with simplicity of application
- Offers the benefits of extremely long service life, breathability, water repellence and environmental sustainability
- Creates lightfast and UV resistant coatings with enhanced condensation resistance which are extremely durable, resistant to weathering and non-flammable
- Available in most BS and RAL Colours
- For a two coat application the consumption rate is 0.45kg per m2