Timberguard Mousse is an easy to use maintenance foam based upon our popular Timberguard Exterior Oil. The mousse contains an active UV-inhibitor, slowing down the bleaching effect from harmful UV-radiation from the sun and is ideal for the protection of exterior wood against algae.
Timberguard Mousse is an ideal product for protecting wooden garden furniture, decking, cladding and other external woodwork from the effects of algae growth.This Timberguard Mousse also contains natural biocides which will protect wood from fungus and algae. The surface will be touch-dry within an hour and will become water-resistant after 24-48 hours.
Tools: For application on wood garden furniture: A soft sponge (kitchen sponge), a cotton cloth, a pair of plastic or latex gloves. For application on decking: A soft nylon pad, a cotton cloth, a pair of plastic or latex gloves.
Punch down any nails or screws and fi ll any small holes or imperfections with proprietary coloured wood fi ller (plastic wood) and leave to cure, Surfaces should be free from any barrier to penetration. Application should be avoided in direct sunlight.
1. Clean the surface using Timberex Bio-C Cleaner. Clean the surface thoroughly and let dry.
2. As soon as the surface is dry, treatment with Timberguard Mousse can begin. Apply a small amount of mousse directly onto the surface using a sponge, nylon pad or cloth. Rub the oil into the surface and repeat if necessary in intervals of 20 minutes.
3. After the final application, remove ALL surplus oil from the surface. Wait another 30-45 minutes before fi nal buffi ng using a cotton cloth until a satin matt fi nish has been achieved.
4. IMPORTANT: Ensure that all applicators and cloths impregnated with the oil are placed in a bucket fi lled with water immediately after use. See section SAFETY INFORMATION for further instructions.
- All applicators and cloths impregnated with the product should be placed in a bucket of water and placed outside to eliminate the small possibility of spontaneous combustion.
- Theoretical Coverage: 20m2 - 30m2 per tin (ca. 4 chairs and 1 table)
- Available in 150ml
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.