Zinga Aquazinga is a two pack, 100% water based, anti corrosion system designed to withstand severe conditions including high temperatures up to 600° Celcius.
As a stand alone system Aquazinga can be used an alternative to hot dip galvanising and metalisation and cures to a matt grey finish.
Typical uses include ballast tanks, turbine exhausts and high heat pipelines. Aquazinga can also be used as a primer underneath high heat paints. Aquazinga is highly resistant to abrasion, steam and hot gases and hydrocarbons. With a high tolerance to thermal or mechanical shock, this galvanising 100% water based system has a high level of conductivity and can be overcoated with a wide range of compatible sealers and topcoats.
It cannot be stressed strongly enough that the key to AquaZinga long service-life and high corrosion resistance is in the thorough preparation of the steel substrate to the correct specification.
Please always follow the appropriate Zinga UK specification in conjunction with the relevant Technical Data Sheets. (TDS) The following information will give a general guide to the coating and its application.
For New Steel: Steam clean or high pressure wash down all surfaces. Allow to completely dry. Blast clean to a cleanliness standard of Sa 2.5.
Steel temperature must always be above 10° C. Relative humidity must be between 40% - 70%.
For Old Steel: The preparation and application technique is identical to that for new steel, but where old marine steelwork is being prepared the water-jetting must use water dosed with a low ph chloride remover. This is because the chloride ions are inside the surface of the steel and need to be removed both chemically and under pressure.
Aquazinga can be applied on a clean surface by brush and roller (small touch up or stripe coats) or conventional spray-gun but not by airless spraying. It is always recommended to treat corners, sharp edges, bolts and nuts before applying a uniform coat. Stir the binder in its original can and pour the zinc powder progressively into the binder while mixing until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. It is recommended to filter the Aquazinga after mixing through a 150 μm (100 mesh) sieve. Must be stired constantly. Do not dilute.
- A stand alone system alternative to hot dip galvanising
- Works in constant temperatures up to 600 degrees C.
- Is highly resistant to abrasion.
- Is highly resistant to steam and other hot gases.
- Is highly resistant to hydrocarbons.
- Offers high tolerance to thermal shock.
- Offers high tolerance to mechanical shock.
- Has a high level of conductivity.
- Has a Ph range of 5.5 to 12.5.
- Works in tandem with sacrificial anodes.
- Can be overcoated with a wide range of compatible sealers and topcoats.
- 2 Pack Product - 100% Water Based
- Theoretical Coverage Rate: For 60 µm DFT: 3,25 m2/kg. For 80 μm DFT: 2,34 m2/kg
- Anti Corrosive
- Available in 25kg tins in Matt Grey