Flag Rust Converter is a high performance, water based heavy duty rust killer that neutralises rust and forms a tough black surface. London Underground Limited- LuL Reg. No.1948.
Flag Rust Converter is a high performance, water based heavy duty rust killer that neutralises rust and forms a tough black surface that's suitable for overcoating with solvent based primers and topcoats. Do not use hot solvents such as xylene or paints based on xylene over metal treated with Flag Rust Converter. Flag Rust Converter is part of our large range of Rust converters designed for use on metals.
Flag Rust Converter works excellently well at eliminating rust and preventing it from reoccurring. Flag Rust Converter can be overcoated with all standard solvent based paints and effectively acts as a primer once rust has been removed to offer a protective surface. Flag Rust Converter is quick drying and extremely simple to use.
Flag Rust Converter can be quickly and easily applied using a brush and will be dry to touch in 1 hour. After 4-6 hours Flag Rust Converter can be overcoated with most solvent based paints to provide decoration. Flag Rust Converter has a theoretical coverage rate of 8-12 m2 per litre and is available in 250ml, 1 litre, 2.5 litre and 5 litre paint tins.
Do not use hot solvents such as xylene or paints based on xylene over metal treated with Flag Rust Converter.
Surface and Environment
Flag Rust Converter is designed for use on Metal surfaces where rust has built up over time or is prone to reoccurring. Once applied Flag Rust Converter works well to stop rust building up again. Flag Rust Converter can be used internally or externally and once dry provides the surface with a hard, satin, black finish.
- LuL Reg No. 1948 - Suitable for use on LU Premises. RC1 is surface tolerant and as such is designed for use on metal that has been prepared using hand tools. It can be applied to a wide range of substrates and can be used as a general purpose primer. Typically, it can be overcoated with epoxy paint systems.
- Do not use hot solvents such as Xylene or paints based on Xylene over metal treated with Flag Rust Converter.
- Flag Rust Converter is a water-based heavy duty rust killer
- Paint on to neutralise rust and form hard black coating
- Rust Converter can be over-painted using standard solvent based paints
- Flag Rust Converter will prevent rust re-occurring
- Quick drying and easy to use
|Suitable Substrates:||For Interior and Exterior Ferrous Metals|
|Application Method:||Brush, Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||2 - 3 m2 per 250 ml|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Touch Dry:||1 hour at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Between 4 - 6 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Water|
|Shelf Life:||2 years unopened in original packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 250ml, 1, 2.5 and 5 Litres|