Please note Glixtone PL13 is a made to order product with a minimum order quantity of 8x 25 Kg.
Glixtone PL13 is an exceptionally durable solvent based wall coating that has been formulated to offer a textured finish that is possible to be applied all the year round. Provides at least 20 years protection.
Glixtone PL13 is a ready to use coating that contains a crushed marble aggregate to provide the textured surface. PL13 can be applied, and will dry, at temperatures below 0 degrees C. along with being rain resistant 20 minutes after application making it an ideal paint coating for use all the year round.
Glixtone PL13 is best suited for the exterior decoration and long life protection of virtually all common building substrates.
Other benefits offered by this long lasting coating are that it provides a durable waterproof vapour permeable coating that will let moisture out from the substrate by resist driving rain, snow and ice from penetrating the coating and the wall. Glixtone PL13 is also self-priming and offers excellent adhesion to all sound substrates as well as alkaline resistant.
- Solvent-borne: all year round use
- Can be used as a curing membrane
- Excellent adhesion to all sound substrates
- Ready to use
- Weatherproofing, yet moisture vapour permeable
- Self priming
- Alkali resistant
- Exceptionally durable
- Rain resistant 20 minutes after application
- Can be applied, and will dry, at temperatures below 0°C
- Texture hides surface defects
- Flexible film resists cracking
- Fade resistant colours
Remove all flaking and loose material back to a sound surface. Brush down with a stiff bristle (not wire) brush to remove all loose particles. Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and firm. If there is organic growth: Remove with a stiff bristle (not wire) brush and apply a liberal coat of Glixtone Fungi-Shield Sterilising Solution. If the surface is very powdery or chalky: Apply 1 coat Glixtone Weatherproof Stabilising Solution: SS01
Stir thoroughly before use. Apply by roller, trowel or spray. For roller application, use a special foam roller, which may be further patterned if required. For spray application we recommend 10:1 ratio Heavy Material Spray Unit with 50ft of 3/8" bore fluid line.
- Fire Tested to Class 1 to BS476: Part 7 (LPC Report TE7220*)
- BS 476: Part 6 - Index of Performance(I) =5, Sub-index (l1) =0.3 (LPC Report TE 806376)
- Designated Class 0 as defined in the Building Regulations E15 (I) (e) Research Laboratories: *Taywood Engineering Ltd. Taylor Woodrow Construction
- Theoretical Coverage: Via Trowel/Roller: 2.5 - 5 Kg per m2, For Spray: 1.5 - 3.5 Kg per m2
- Pot Life: 30 minutes approx
- Touch dry: 8 hours
- Hard dry: 24 to 48 hours
- Full cure: 1 week
- Available in 25 Kg
- Please note Glixtone PL13 is a made to order product with a minimum order quantity of 8x 25 Kg.
|Stock Colours:||Made to Order|
|Tintable:||Made to Order. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||415.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For the exterior decoration and long life protection of virtually all common building substrates|
|Application Method:||Brush, Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||Trowel/roller: 2.5 - 5 kg per m2
Spray: 1.5 - 3.5 kg per m2
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Touch Dry:||8 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 24hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||7 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Glixtone All Seasons 01 Thinner|
|Shelf Life:||1 year in original unopened container|
|Packaging:||Available in 8 x 25 Kg|