Jotun Hardtop CA is a two component cross linked acrylic topcoat for marine and aggressive coastal environments. It can be applied at low temperatures and has a good gloss retention.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, N1, N2, N4 and N9
Jotun Hardtop CA is a two pack acrylic isocyanate free flexible topcoat with good gloss retention. It is formulated for application in normal temperature ranges but is also suitable for application at low temperatures.
It is suitable for application, as a topcoat, to infrastructure and Highways applications but is also used extensively throughout the marine industry. Uses include: ships, barges, and smaller crafts such as pleasure boats and yachts.
It is also recommended for other aggressive coastal environments such as offshore refineries, power plants, bridges and buildings.
Jotun Hardtop CA is part of the Highways Agency, Network Rail and Railtrack approved products.
Jotun Hardtop CA has been developed for application on top of Jotun epoxy base and mid coats. Hardtop CA will retain a high gloss finish in rural C1 environments and through to municipal and industrial atmospheric conditions contaminated with sulphur dioxide C3. Additionally, Jotun Hardtop CA is also ideal for C5-M coastal and offshore marine environments that are exposed to atmospheric conditions with high levels of salt.
The Jotun Hardtop range should be applied using an airless or conventional spray. Jotun Hardtop CA can be applied by brush but it is recommended that this is limited to stripe coating or small areas. With a theoretical coverage rate of 8 square metres per litre, Jotun Hardtop CA offers great coverage and is available in 5 litre tubs.
Surface and Environment
Jotun Hardtop CA is designed for use in outdoor environments. With excellent protective properties, Jotun Hardtop CA is ideal for use in marine and highly atmospheric environments. Incorporating excellent water resistance and non flaking properties, Hartop CA works well when exposed to harsher conditions.
Please call for more details on this product or advice on how best to use it.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, N1, N2, N4 and N9
- Certificate numbers XM92/M20-166, XM92/M20-168, XM92/M21-167, XM92/M24-169, XM92/M24-170, XM92/M24-170, N1-115, XN90/N2-089, XN90/N4-090 and XN90/N9-065
- Highways Agency Item No.168
- Jotun Hardtop CA offers very good water resistance
- This acrylic paint offers excellent flexibility
- Apply Hardtop CA by airless spray
- Can be applied by brush to small areas and stripe coating
- Pot life at 23 degreed C. is 4 hours
- Theoretical coverage 8m2 per litre.
- Available in 5 Litres