Jotun Jotamastic 80 Standard is a two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating, that is surface tolerant. Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired. Can be used as primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric environments.
Jotun Jotamastic 80 Standard is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel and aged coating surfaces. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
Jotamastic 80 is a two pack epoxy mastic paint, offering application at a low film thickness. Jotamastic 80 is recommended as an anti-corrosive coating for steel for application below and above the water line. The aluminium or aluminium red-toned colour should be used below the waterline. Jotamastic 80 is suitable for Concrete and Steel above and below the water line. Primarily designed for maintenance and repair. In immersed environments Jotamastic 80 Aluminium is suitable.
Jotamastic 80 is a superior surface tolerant epoxy mastic for less severe exposures, or when shorter maintenance intervals are expected in tougher environments.
- Jotamastic 80 has very good adhesion with all substrates in typical maintenance situations
- An Anti-corrosive coating for steel structures and on structures where blast cleaning has not been possible
- Very good water and abrasion resistance, solvent and chemical resistance
- Limited surface preparation required
- Jotamastic 80 has excellent flow properties making it easy to apply by airless spray as well as brush and roller for difficult to reach area.
- Provides excellent film formation
- Low Flame Spread in accordance with EU Directive for Marine Equipment. Approved in accordance with parts 5 and 2 of Annex 1 of IMO 2010 FTP Code, or Parts 5 and 2 of Annex 1 of IMO FTPC when in compliance with IMO 2010 FTP Code Ch. 8
- Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids
|Type:||Polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating|
|Stock Colours:||Grey, Red, Green, Off White and Black|
|VOC Content:||80.0g per litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Carbon steel and aged coating surfaces|
|Application Method:||Airless Spray, Brush or Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||10.7 - 4m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||95 - 250 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||75 - 200 microns|
|Induction Time:||10 mins at 23°C|
|Pot Life:||1 hour at 23°C|
|Touch Dry:||8 hours at 10°C|
|Overcoatable:||24 hours at 10°C|
|Fully Cured:||14 days at 10°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Jotun Thinner No. 17|
|Shelf Life:||48 months|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Litres|