Keim Silan Primer is a silicate binding and fixing agent made from pure, liquid potassium silicate for use with Keim systems. Keim Fixativ reacts chemically with the surface.
Keim Fixativ is used as a binding agent for the Keim systems. Diluted Keim Fixativ can be used to control or reduce the absorbency of highly absorbent mineral substrates. Keim Fixativ bonds permanently with the substrate by silicification, is highly water vapour permeable, extremely resistant to weathering and absolutely incombustible. Keim Fixativ contains no organic additives.
Suitable for external and internal use on surfaces with light chalking and dusting.
- Non film forming
- High binding power
- Fixing action, consolidates the surface
- Absolutely UV and weather resistant
- Resistant to industrial fumes and solvents
- Environmentally friendly
- Excellent low environmental impact building material
- Non toxic
- Resistant to mould and fungal growth
All loose, flaking and unstable material must be identified and then thoroughly removed, all surfaces must be thoroughly washed down with clean cold water to remove all surface dirt and dust. When all surfaces are clean, sound, wind dry, dust free and free from all surface contaminants, treatment using Keim Fixativ may
Apply a single coat application of Keim Fixativ, diluted 50:50 with clean cold water and applied by brush, worked well in to the surface.
External Paints from Promain
Here at Promain, we have a wide range of external and Masonry paints and products for you to choose from. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then get in touch with our team of experts who will be able to help you find your perfect exterior wall product.
- LuL APR No. 2942 - Solvent free, incombustible clear dust suppressant for mineral surfaces i.e. concrete & plaster surfaces. Also used as a clear binder for Keim paint systems.
- Theoretical Coverage: 0.1l Litre per m2 of Keim Fixativ (and 0.1lt/m2 of water)
- Clean tools with water immediately after use
- Colourless liquid
- Available in 4 Litres