Please note, there is a 3 week lead time for this product. Please call our sales team for updates.
Mapei Quarzolite Base Coat is an acrylic undercoat used as a preparation base levelling layer to improve bonding and absorption of a final colouring coat on internal and external surfaces.
Mapei Quarzolite Base Coat is a ready to use adhesion primer that has been formulated with quartz granules for application as part of a layered system from the Mapei Quarzolite range of products. Quarzolite Base Coat can be used on old render to level out imperfections or well-cured new render to improve the application and adhesion of the finishing coat.
Mapei Quarzolite Base Coat is supplied in white or can be tinted to a colour similar to the finishing coat to help integrate the final coat particularly when bright, lively colours are applied which do not usually have good covering properties.
Use Mapei Quarzolite Base Coat on old or well-cured new render or as a base layer on old paintwork before applying a finishing coat from the Quarzolite range.
Apply Quarzolite Base Coat using a paint brush, roller or spray. A single coat of Quarzolite Base Coat is usually sufficient but on a particularly uneven substrate a second coat may be applied after 24 hours.
- Quarzolite Base Coat is a coloured acrylic base coat used to even out surfaces and fill defects
- Promotes adhesion of finishing layer
- Used as a base coating under a finishing layer from the Mapei Quarzolite range
- Can be over-coated with paint after 12-24 hours
- Application temperature: +5 to +35 degrees C.
- Theoretical coverage 0.3-0.5 Kg per metre per coat
- Available in white or can be tinted to a range of colours from the Mapei ColorMap colouring system
- Supplied in 20 Kg units.