Mapei Silexcolor Tonachino is a one pack, modified potassium silicate mineral plaster in paste form available in different grain sizes for interior and exterior finishings with a “rustic” effect. The product protects renders while remaining permeable to water vapour and gives the substrate an attractive finish.
Mapei Silexcolor Tonachino is ideal for the decoration of Mape-Antique-based renders, decoration of lime and cement based renders and decoration of dehumidifying renders.
Silexcolor Tonachino is a one-component, fibro-reinforced, modified potassium-silicate based coating, with selected fillers and pigments which are resistant to natural light, applied on internal and external vertical surfaces. Once the silicatisation reaction has been completed, Silexcolor Tonachino forms a single body with the
substrate and covers defects, without modifying its permeability.
- Silexcolor Tonachino contains synthetic fibres for good crack resistance.
- Silexcolor Tonachino has excellent resistance to ageing, freezing weather conditions and de-icing salts, and it is very difficult for dirt to remain attached to the surface.
- Apart from the colours available from the “Colour choice” colour chart, Silexcolor Tonachino is also available in a wide range of colours obtained using the ColorMap® automatic colouring system.
- Silexcolor Tonachino must always be applied on substrates treated beforehand with Silexcolor Primer or Silexcolor Base Coat.
- If there is a high saline concentration and/or rising damp, only use Silexcolor Primer.
- Silexcolor Tonachino complies with the requirements of EN 15824 (“Specifications for external renders and internal plasters based on organic binders”) for internal and external use.
New surfaces requiring treatment or areas patched up with repair mortar must be wellcured, perfectly clean, coherent and dry. Remove all traces of oil and grease from the surface and any areas which are not well adhered. Seal all cracks and repair deteriorated areas. Seal porosity and even out the surface of the substrate with mortar and smoothing compounds from the MAPEI Building products range.
Apply Silexcolor Primer or Silexcolor Base Coat and wait 12 to 24 hours before applying Silexcolor Tonachino. To make it easier to apply 1.2 mm, 1.5 mm and 2.0 mm grain size Silexcolor Tonachino and to improve its covering properties, Silexcolor Primer may be applied after diluting it with 30-50% of Silexcolor Paint of the same colour as the Silancolor Tonachino or with a similar coloured coat of Silexcolor Base Coat
Silexcolor Tonachino is ready-to-use. If it is slightly thick, add 3-5% of Silexcolor Primer and mix the product with a low speed drill fitted with a whip to avoid entrapped air. Mix until the paste is completely uniform.
Apply an even layer of Silexcolor Tonachino with a stainless steel or plastic trowelover a dry coat of Silexcolor Primer or Silexcolor Base Coat. The protection cycle also includes the application of a coat of Silexcolor Tonachino. According to the grain size of Silexcolor Tonachino and the roughness of the substrate, two coats may be applied to form a perfectly even finish. Apply an initial layer of smoothing compound, followed by a second layer after 24 hours. Make sure that both layers are spread on evenly, and then finished off with either a plastic float to create an even finish, or a damp sponge float dependant to the finish required. A number of effects may be obtained using Silexcolor Tonachino (such as mottled finish, brushed finish, bass-relief finish, etc.) as illustrated in the “MAPEI colours in design” pamphlet.
- Theoretical Coverage: Silexcolor Tonachino 0.7 mm: 1.7-2.0 kg per m2 for a complete cycle; Silexcolor Tonachino 1.2 mm: 1.9-2.3 kg per m2 for a complete cycle;
Silexcolor Tonachino 1.5 mm: 2.2-2.6 kg/m² for a complete cycle; Silexcolor Tonachino 2.0 mm: 2.6-3.0 kg per m2 for a complete cycle
- Ready for painting: 12 - 24 hours
- Available in the following granulometries: 0.7 mm,1.2 mm, 1.5 mm and 2.0 mm
- Available in White and tintable to RAL and BS colour ranges
- Available in 20 Kg
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.