Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protectant is an elegant water-based wood finish for interior use with a unique long-term UV-protection formula.
Osmo Uviwax UV-Protection is ideally used on wood surfaces that are prone to UV light damage. Clear or transparent, satin wood finish with a wax-like character for the interior. Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion and smoothens the surface.
Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection is best used for protecting interior wood surfaces from UV light on a buildings Interior. Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection works to stop walls and ceilings from sun bleaching, fading or going yellow with a high quality satin matt finish. Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection is suitable as a self-priming finish for interior wall and ceiling panelling as well as cabinets and doors. It is also suitable for recoating sawn edges and screw holes, additional mouldings, boards etc. that were factory finished with Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection. Suitable for all non-resinous wood species.
- UV-resistant and non-yellowing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%, coating temperature at least +10°C). Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Degrease very resinous woods (e.g. Larch) with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner. Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection is a self-priming finish which can be applied solely to raw wood. If necessary, sand wood again with fine sandpaper. Wood treated with Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection generally only need to be cleaned and recoated. The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial
application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Surface and Environment
Osmo Uviwax UV-Protectant has been specifically designed for use on wooden surfaces on an interior basis. Osmo Uviwax® UV-Protection can be used for the repair and renovation of the pre-finish wood as well as on new jobs.
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- Wood surface must be untreated for the first application of Osmo Uviwax®
- Uviwax is unsuitable for flooring. To avoid the yellowing appearance for flooring, use a medium-dark colour tone from Osmo Wood Wax Finish
- Recommended application amount is 62ml per m2
- For resinous hardwood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 16 m2 per litre with one coat
- Coverage depends on porousity of the wood
- Application Temperature: Over 5°C
- Drying Time: 3-4 hours at 23°C
- Available in 70200 Clear Satin and 7266 White Spruce Transparent
- Available in 2.5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.