Owatrol Primafloor is a one pack, polyurethane acrylic primer, available in clear for use on surfaces where you don't wish to change the natural effect of the wood. Owatrol Primafloor is also available in 6 hours, ideal for use on all new and unfinished or stripped wooden floors.
Owatrol Primafloor works to ensure optimum performance of any finishing coat by providing excellent durability and a high performance finish, that adheres excellently to both the surface and the finishing coat.
Owatrol Primafloor can be applied using brush, roller or spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 10-20m2 per litre, depending on the porosity of the floor. Owatrol Primaflooroffers excellent drying times, low odour and being ready to use straight away, allows for direct application to any surface without dilution.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Primafloor can be used on a wide variety of flooring and wooden surfaces, enhancing the substrates natural performance and maintaining the appearance for a long period. when used on exotic hardwoods, Primafloor isolates the finish and protects from the possibility of tannin staining, which is more common in these types of woods.
- Strengthens the adhesion of the finish, guaranteeing better performance.
- Prevents gluing of sides and joints by the finish.
- Ready to use. Quick drying. Odourless.
- Range of 6 colours plus Clear.
- Light fast, colours do not fade.
- Available in clear.
- Non yellowing.
- Colours can be inter-mixed to achieve the desired colour.
- Prevents tannin bleed from those woods rich in tannins and natural oils.
- Compatible with all types of waterborne floor varnish (1pk and 2pk).
- Colours can be mixed with Oleofloor, Xylin and Vegafloor.
- Priming of wooden floors before the application of any type of waterborne varnish.
- Evens out the woods porosity thus strengthening adhesion and ensuring optimum performance of the finish.
- Isolates the finish from tannin staining especially in the case of exotic hardwoods.
- Prevent gluing of sides and joints, allowing the boards to expand and contract.
WHERE TO USE
- New unfinished and stripped wooden floors, staircases.
- Wooden flooring, parquet and veneered (engineered) flooring.
- Compatible with all wood species including exotic hardwoods. (see recommendations in technical data sheet for Beech. Maple, Cherry and Bamboo).