Mapei Planitop Smooth and Repair (Rasa & Ripara) is an R2-class, rapid-setting shrinkage-compensated, thixotropic, fibre-reinforced, cementitious mortar applied in a single layer from 3 to 40 mm thick, for repairing and smoothing concrete.
Non-structural repairs and smoothing layers on internal and external, horizontal and vertical concrete surfaces, suitable for repairing structures exposed to the open air and in permanent contact with water.
Some typical application examples
- Quick repairs to deteriorated parts in concrete, the corners of beams, pillars, buffer walls, cornices and the front edges of balconies.
- Quickly smoothing over surface defects in cast concrete, such as honeycombs, spacer holes, construction joints, etc., before painting the surface.
- Repairing and smoothing over concrete mouldings on civil buildings, such as skirt roofs and protruding decorative elements.
- Repairing pre-cast concrete structures.
- Mapei Planitop Smooth and Repair is thixotropic and trowellable
- Application temperature range from +5 degrees C. to +35 degrees C.
- Pot life of mix approx. 15 minutes
- Waiting time before finishing with float approx. 30 minutes
- Setting time approx. 30 minutes
- Mixing ratio 100 parts of Planitop Smooth & Repair with 17-19 parts of water (4.3-4.8 litres of water per 25 kg bag)
- Available in grey
- Available in 25 Kg bag.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.