PPG Phenguard 780 Subsea (Formerly SigmaLine 780) is suitable for marine applications that will be immersed in water, offering protection against corrosion and rusting, available in a selection of bright colours that can easily be located by ROV.
PPG SigmaLine 780 is a two component amine adduct cured phenolic epoxy finish designed to provide a finish coat as part of a coating system used for the protection of subsea equipment.
PPG SigmaLine 780 is suitable for marine applications that will be immersed in water, and works well to protect the surface to against these adverse conditions. Due to subsea equipment constantly being used in under water facilities, it needs to be coated with a product that protects against corrosion and rusting. SigmaLine 780 is the ideal product suitable for the job, and is available in a selection of bright colours that can easily be located by ROV.
PPG SigmaLine 780 can be applied using air or airless spray and offers a theoretical coverage rate of 6.6m2. SigmaLine 780 has a touch dry time of 2 hours and can be overcoated after 24 hours, to provide a high quality, protective and decorative finish.
Surface and Environment
PPG Phenguard 780 Subsea (Formerly SigmaLine 780) has been specifically designed for use in the marine environment and used in under water conditions on a variety of different subsea equipment. SigmaLine 780 offers excellent resistance to high temperatures when applied to equipment in immersed conditions.
- Two component amine adduct cured phenolic epoxy finish
- Finish coat for coating system used for the protection of subsea equipment
- Bright colour to assist location by ROV
- Excellent resistance to seawater immersion
- Very good corrosion control
- Excellent high temperature resistance in immersed conditions
- Good application properties, resulting in a smooth surface
- Easy to clean.
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.6 m2 per litre at 100 microns
- Touch dry after 2 hours
- Overcoating interval min. 24 hours, max. 21 days
- Full cure after see curing table.