Teamac Protector Antifouling C259 is an ablative anti fouling paint that has been formulated for boats with a maximum speed of 25-30 knots.
Teamac Protector Antifouling C259 is a cruise grade, ablative, anti fouling paint that slots in the middle of the Teamac range and is highly suited to vessels with a maximum speed of 25-30 knots.
Teamac Protector Antifouling C259 can be applied to most common vessels found domestically and commercially and works to protect the underwater areas from fouling caused by weed and barnacles. Teamac Protector Antifouling C259 can also be applied to underwater structures to do the same job.
Teamac Protector Antifouling C259 can be applied using brush, roller or spray and offers excellent compatibility with a range of Teamac Anti fouling Primers. Spray application should be delivered by Professional users only and has a theoretical coverage rate of 10m2 per litre depending on the porosity of the surface.
Surface and Environment
Teamac Protector Antifouling C259 can be applied to all vessels with a max speed of up to 30 knots and offers a slick, smooth coating that can be applied to the hulls of vessels made out of wood, steel, ferro concrete or GRP and has been designed specifically for use in the marine environment.
- H.S.E. Approval No. 8375.
- Teamac Protector Antifouling C259.
- A cruiser grade ablative antifouling paint that slots into the middle of the Teamac range
- Suitable for vessels with a maximum speed of 25-30 knots
- Good compatibility
- Please note spray application should be by professionals only.
- Not suitable for aluminium
- Contains cuprous oxide to give good antifouling performance
- Expected functional life of the coating is 12 to 18 months
- Protector Antifouling is used as an antifouling for the underwater areas of vessels or underwater structures
- Suitable for domestic and commercial vessels with steel, wood, ferro concrete or GRP hulls
- The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application
- Launch time after painting - minimum 8 hours,maximum 3 months if shrouded from direct sunlight
|Type:||Solvent Based Containing Cuprous Oxide|
|Stock Colours:||Black, Blue and Red|
|VOC Content:||330.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Designed for vessels with a max speed of 25 to 30 knots|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Airless Spray (Professional Use Only)|
|Theoretical Coverage:||10 m2 per litre at 63 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||100 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||63 microns|
|Touch Dry:||3 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 16 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Teamac Thinner 17|
|Shelf Life:||2 years unopened in original packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 and 5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.