Teamac Metaclor Underwater Primer is a metallized, chlorinated rubber, water and chemical resistant primer, which provides an ideal primer/undercoat for a further application of a selected Teamac Anti fouling.
Teamac Metaclor Underwater Primer is a multi-purpose underwater coating for boats and yachts offering excellent resistance and protection from seawater. Teamac Metaclor Underwater Boat Primer is ideal for use in any kind of Marine Environment where boats need a priming coat prior to being coated with Teamac Anti foul.
PROMAIN ARE DELIGHTED TO MAKE A DONATION TO THE ROYAL NATIONAL LIFEBOAT INSTITUTION FOR EVERY TIN OF TEAMAC MARINE COATINGS ORDERED THROUGH US.
Teamac Metaclor Underwater Primer is a metallized, chlorinated rubber, water and chemical resistant primer, which provides an ideal primer/undercoat for a further application of a selected Teamac Anti fouling. It provides a high performance, non-toxic, anti-corrosive film, containing no added lead.
Teamac Metaclor Underwater Primer should be applied using brush, roller or primer to create a matt finish in metallic grey. Metaclor should be applied using spray for larger areas and preferably brush for smaller trickier areas, however this should not be a problem. Metaclor Boat Primer has a coverage rate of 10m2 per litre and is available in 3 standard sized tins; 2.5, 5 and 20 litres.
Teamac Metaclor Underwater Primer has been specifically designed for underwater use to aid protection of boats before antifouling paints are used as an overcoat. Metaclor is suitable for use on metal, wood or ferro concrete boat surfaces.
- Teamac Metaclor Underwater Primer is a multi-purpose underwater coating for boats and yachts offering excellent resistance and protection from seawater
- This Underwater Primer is an ideal primer for Teamac Antifoulings
- Metaclor is a metallised chlorinated rubber water and chemical resistant primer which provides an ideal primer/undercoat for a further application of a selected Teamac Antifouling
- It provides a high performance, non-toxic, anti-corrosive film containing no added lead
- Suitable for use on wood, metal or ferro concrete boat surfaces.
- Apply by brush or roller
- This Metaclor Underwater Primer has a matt finish in a metallic grey
- The theoretical coverage rate of Metaclor Under Water Primer is 10 m2 per litre
- Size 2.5/ 5/20 litres
- Teamac Metaclor Underwater Primer thinners is V/607/16 - see Thinners section.
|Type:||Modified Chlorinated Rubber|
|Stock Colours:||Metallic Grey|
|VOC Content:||501.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Can be used as an underwater primer on prepared steel or as a sealer coat over most conventional systems|
|Application Method:||Brush or Airless Spray|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||100 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||38 microns|
|Touch Dry:||30 minutes at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 8 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Teamac Thinner 16|
|Shelf Life:||2 years unopened in original packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5, 5 and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.