Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium, is an antifouling paint designed for use on the hulls of aluminium, wood, steel and GRP boats suitable for boats with a maximum speed of 30 knots.
Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium, is an antifouling paint designed for use on the hulls of aluminium, wood, steel and GRP boats. Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium contains a high level of copper thiocyanate (H.S.E. Approval No. 8960.) to give excellent antifouling properties on aluminium hulled boats. Although Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium is designed for Aluminium hulls it can also be used on domestic and commercial vessels with steel, wood and GRP hulls also offering a life expectancy of 18-24 months.
Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium works to provide a protective coating to prevent the growth of barnacles, weed and other various kinds of water life on the submerged hull of your boat. Available in blue, black, red and white to offer a decorative semi-gloss coating as well as protection as we understand the constant need for a fresh looking boat.
Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium can be applied by brush, roller or spray, although we would recommend spraying be done only by professionals. After 3 hours, Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium will be touch dry and ready for an overcoating after 16 hours approximately. It will usually take a day to dry and take effect before you can get your boat back on the water. 2 coats of Antifouling Aluminium is usually required for a better looking finish that lasts longer when exposed to the marine conditions.
Surface and Environment
Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium has been specially designed to be used in conjunction with Metaclor Underwater Primer and provides an overcoating that adheres perfectly with Metaclor. Use Teamac Antifouling A Aluminium on metal, wood, fibreglass, GRP and of course aluminium boat and yacht hulls.
- Formulated for boats with a maximum speed of 30 Knots
- Expected life of 18-24 months
- H.S.E. Approval No. 8960.
- Antifoul 'A' is a modified resin based composition containing a high level of copper thiocyanate
- Suitable for Aluminium, wood or glassfibre boat and yacht surfaces
- Semi-gloss finish available in White, Black, Blue and Red
- Prime with 2 coats of Metaclor Underwater Primer on Metal and Wood (not required on GRP)
- Teamac Antifoul A paint can be applied by brush or roller (spray intended by professionals)
- Cleaning with Thinners 17
- Drying time - Touch Dry - 3 hours, Hard Dry - 18 hours, Overcoating - 16 hours minimum
- The theoretical coverage rate for Teamac Antifouling 'A' is 10 to 12 m2 per litre
- Apply 2 coats
- Size: 1 and 2.5 litres tins.