Sika Concrete Primer is a two component, rapid curing, high solids, solvent based polyurea primer.
Concrete Primer is primarily formulated for sealing cementitious substrates to reduce the incidence of pin-holing before Sika Decothane roofing or balcony systems are applied. It is recommended that the surface of the substrate should not contain any more than 20% moisture as measured by a Portimeter, also do not apply to a damp surface or when there is a chance of rain.
- Substrate should contain less than 20% wood moisture equivalent as measured by a Protimeter at the time of application
- Do not apply to damp surfaces or when rain is imminent
- No rising moisture according to ASTM (Polyethylene-sheet). No water / moisture / condensation on the substrate
- Take care of condensation, the temperature of the surface during application and cure must be at least +3° C above dew point
- Theoretical coverage 6-10 m2 per litre dependent upon porosity of substrate
- On porous or open substrates, apply two coats, each at a maximum spread rate of 6 m2 per litre
- Available in 4.5 and 11.5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.