Rustoleum Galva Zinc-Alu is suitable for a variety of environments including those of extreme heat up to 300 degrees celsius. Designed for application to new or bare steel, blasted steel or galvanized steel surfaces.
Rustoleum Galva Zinc-Alu is a zinc rich coating based on an epoxy ester resin that works to dry quickly. Galva Zinc-Alu contains pure Zinc and Aluminium pigments and provides cathodic protection.
Rustoleum Galva Zinc-Alu 1017 is ideal for use in light industrial exposures, corrosive environments and high humidity areas with just one single application. When dry you will achieve a flat aluminium finish.
Rustoleum Galva Zinc-Alu should ideally be applied using a brush for application to small areas or touch ups with a theoretical coverage rate of 11.5m2 per Kg when used for larger surface areas. Rustoleum Galva Zinc-Alu is touch dry after 1-2 hours under normal conditions of approximately 20 degrees celsius.
Surface and Environment
Rustoleum Galva Zinc-Alu can be used on a variety of environments including those of extreme heat for a dry heat resistance of up to 300 degrees celsius. Specifically designed for application to new or bare steel, blasted steel or galvanized steel surfaces.
- Bright Galvanizing 1017 can be applied on new, bare steel, blasted steel or galvanized steel surfaces
- Primarily intended for brush application on small areas or for touch-up
- Can be recoated with non-saponifiable coatings
- Used as a single coat in light industrial exposures, corrosive environments and high humidity areas
- 1017 offers a flat aluminium finish
- Recommended film thickness: 35 microns dry, equals 85 microns wet
- Heat resistance, 300 degrees C. (dry heat)
- Theoretical coverage 11.5 m2 per litre at 35 microns dry for the areosol
- 6.5 m2 per Kg at 35 microns dry for brush application
- Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application
- Available in 1Kg and 500 Ml aerosol.