Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of remaining stock. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote Polynox 136 (Formerly Copon Thortex Poly-Nox) offers you 10 years maintenance and is used in the rail industry.
Scotchkote Polynox 136 (Thortex Polynox) is a single pack water based, acrylic, anti corrosive coating designed to provide ultra long term protection along with decorative elements to structural steel surfaces.
3M Scotchkote Polynox 136 is best used externally in a hard wearing and atmospheric environment, where the best protection is needed. Scotchkote Polynox 136 offers you 10 years maintenance free protection, helping you reduce costs and time spent, maintaining structures.
With high performance application and fast drying capabilities, Scotchkote Polynox 136 is one of the leading products available on the market today that offers a drying time of just 1 hour and a theoretical coverage rate of 2m2 per litre that dries to form an anti-corrosive surface in black, light grey or dark grey.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote Polynox 136 (Thortex PolyNox) has been specifically manufactured for use in an industrial environment and can be used on steel, aluminium and concrete structures. Scotchkote Polynox 136 works excellently on an external basis to protect structures from UV light and weathering all the while resisting corrosion damage.
- LuL APR No. 152 - Complies with London Underground standard for Fire Safety Performance of Materials, 1-085 A2, for flooring surfaces, and BS 6853 for exterior use on rolling stock, Category 1a. The main application for this product is coating of roofs to rolling stock cars. However, this product has the potential for use on concrete and over existing coatings on steel.
- 3M Scotchkote Encapsulation Coating Polynox 136
- Formerly Thortex Hycote Polynox
- Suitable for Section 12 and RT98 applications
- A water based acrylic anti corrosive coating specifically developed to provide long term protection and encapsulation of previously coated structures
- Combines good application characteristics with fast drying capabilities
- Has excellent corrosion resistant properties with a high level of UV resistance, adhesion and durability
- Can be applied to steel, aluminium and concrete structures
- Provides up to 10 years maintenance free protection
- Available in a limited range of colours
- Touch Dry approx 1 hour
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 2.0m2 per litre at 300 microns dft.
- Supplied in 20 litre units
- Minimum batch order is 200 Litres.