SigmaCover 300 is a two part high build polyamine adduct cured coal tar epoxy coating for immersed/buried structures such as street lighting columns, Piers and Jetty Legs.
SigmaCover 300, (Sigma TCN 300) is a two component high build polyamine adduct cured coal tar epoxy coating. Formally Mebon Amercoat 4380 and Croda Steelguard 3380, a two pack, epoxy pitch, high build protective coating for immersed/buried structures. Highways Agency Item No.150.
SigmaCover 300 is best used for offering corrosion resistance to various different appliances including, lighting columns, CCTV masts, Piling, Piers and Jetty Legs. 300 SigmaCover can also be used for providing excellent water resistance to the outside of hull and ballast tanks.
SigmaCover 300 can be applied using brush, roller or spray and has a theoretical coverage of 5.7m2 per litre. After 4 hours the coating will be touch dry, ready for a recoating after 6 hours.
Surface and Environment
SigmaCover 300 is designed for use on metal substrates, available in black and brown, and offers excellent abrasion resistance as well as being resistant to chemically polluted water and crude oil. Due to the properties of SigmaCover 300, it is ideal for use in marine and industrial exposures.
- SigmaCover 300 is used on lighting columns, CCTV masts, piling, piers and jetty legs
- Outstanding (sea) water resistance (outside hull and ballast tanks)
- Outstanding water and crude oil resistance
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Good resistance against chemically polluted water
- Can be applied and cures at low temperatures (application possible down to -5 Degrees C. provided the substrate is free from ice)
- Epoxy pitch high build
- Good abrasion resistance.
- Touch dry after 4 hours
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours
- Full cure after 7 days
- Highways Agency Item No.150
- Recognized corrosion control coating (Lloyd's register), see sheet 1886
- Resistant to well designed/controlled cathodic protection
- Theoretical spreading rate 5.7 m2 per litre at 100 Microns
- Available in 5 litres.