Sikagard® 62 Drinking and Clean Water Storage Steel Protection is a two component, solvent-free, high build epoxy coating specifically developed for use in normal to moderately aggressive chemical environments.
Sikagard® 62 Drinking and Clean Water Storage Steel Protection is ideal for lining storage tanks, silos and bund areas and offers excellent mechanical and chemical resistance for use in a wide range of other commercial and industrial environments.
Sikagard® 62 Drinking and Clean Water Storage Steel Protection can be applied using brush, roller or spray and can be overcoated after approximately 10 hours in normal dry conditions of 20 degrees celsius. This product has a theoretical coverage rate of between 3-5m2 per Kg at 150 microns dft.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 62 Drinking and Clean Water Storage Steel Protection is available only in pebble grey for application to metal substrates, however other colours are available on request. As well as steel you can also apply this epoxy material to concrete, stone and other cementitious substrates to provide a coating that is impervious to liquids and chemicals.
Below is a list of technical information and properties of Sika gard 62 Drinking and Clean Water Storage Steel Protection.
- Sikagard®-62 is a 2-pack solvent-free high build coating material based on epoxy resin.
- For use on concrete, stone, cementitious mortars and renderings (not polymer modified). Epoxy cements (EpoCem), epoxy mortars, iron and steel.
- For linings to storage tanks and silos, bund areas.
- As anti-corrosion coating in food-processing plants.
- Also sewage works, farms and agricultural enterprises, chemical and pharmaceutical plants, beverage industries and bottling plants.
- Good chemical and mechanical resistance.
- Easy to mix and work.
- Impervious to liquids.
- Available in Pebble grey (RAL 7032).
- Additional colour shades on request.
- Material consumption approx 0.2 - 0.4 kg/m2 per coat. 0.2 kg/m2 at 150µ D.F.T.
- Available in 5 Kgs.