Please note this is a made to order product that has a lead time of 10 working days minimum. Please call our sales team to confirm.
Sikafloor®-381 ECF is a two part, electrostatic conductive self-smoothing, coloured epoxy resin with very high chemical resistance. Sikafloor®-381 ECF is the main wearing course of the Sikafloor® Multidur ES-31 ECF System, the Sikafloor® Multidur ES-31 ECF/ V System and the Sikafloor® Multidur EB-31 ECF System.
Sikafloor®-381 ECF may only be used by experienced professionals. Chemically highly resistant coating for concrete and screed surfaces in bund areas for the protection against water contaminating liquids (according to resistance table). Electrostatic conductive wearing layer for areas subject to chemical and mechanical exposure in production and storage facilities.
Suitable as a wearing course in industries, such as automotive, electronics and pharmaceutical manufacturing, storage facilities and warehouses. Particularly suitable for areas with sensitive electronic equipment e.g. CNC machinery, computer rooms, aircraft maintenance sheds, battery-charging rooms and areas subjected to high explosion risk.
- Very high chemical resistance
- High mechanical resistance
- Impervious to liquids
- Abrasion resistant
- Electrostatic conductive
- Slip resistant surface possible
The concrete substrate must be sound and of sufficient compressive strength (minimum 25 N/mm²) with a minimum pull off strength of 1.5 N/mm². The substrate
must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. If in doubt apply a test area first.
Concrete substrates must be prepared mechanically using abrasive blast cleaning or scarifying equipment to remove cement laitance and achieve an open textured
surface. Weak concrete must be removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids must be fully exposed. Repairs to the substrate, filling of blowholes/voids and surface levelling must be carried out using appropriate products from the Sikafloor®, SikaDur® and SikaGard® range of materials. The concrete or screed substrate has to be primed or levelled in order to achieve an even surface. High spots must be removed by e.g. grinding. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum.
Prior to mixing, stir part A mechanically. When all of part B has been added to part A, mix continuously for 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. When parts A and B have been mixed, add the quartz sand 0.1 - 0.3 mm and mix for a further 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. To ensure thorough mixing pour materials into another container and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. Over mixing must be avoided to minimise air entrainment. Sikafloor ®-381 ECF must be thoroughly mixed using a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment.
Wearing course (horizontal areas): Sikafloor®-381 ECF is poured, spread evenly by means of a serrated trowel e.g. Large-Surface Scraper No. 656, Toothed blades No. 25. After spreading the material evenly, turn the serrated trowel and smooth the surface in order to achieve an aesthetically higher grade of finish. Roll immediately (within max. 10 minutes of application) in two directions with a steel spiked roller to ensure even thickness and to remove entrapped air. To obtain the
highest level of aesthetic finish, spike roll in two directions at a 90 degree angle, passing only once in each direction.
Wearing course (vertical areas): The first layer of Sikafloor®-381 ECF, mixed with 2.5 - 4 wt.-% Sika Extender T, has to be applied by trowel. After placing of the earthing plates and application of the conductivity layer, apply the second layer of Sikafloor®-381 ECF, mixed with 2.5 - 4 wt.-% Extender T, by trowel.
Wearing course with slip resistance: Sikafloor®-381 ECF is poured, spread evenly by means of a serrated trowel and the fresh layer is broadcasted to excess with silicon carbide 0.5 - 1.0 mm. After final drying the surplus silicon carbide must be swept off and the surface must be vacuumed.
- Sikafloor®-381 ECF conforms to the requirements of LEED EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings SCAQMD Method 304-91 VOC Content < 100 g/l
- Self-smoothing, coloured epoxy resin coating according to EN 1504-2: 2004 and EN 13813, DoP 02 08 01 02 019 0 000010 2017, certified by Factory Production Control Body No. 0921, certificate 2017, and provided with the CE-mark
- Conforms to the requirements of DIN IEC 61340-4-1(Internal Test)
- Reaction to fire classification acc. to DIN EN 13301-1. Test report No.: 2013-B-1413/01. The fire behaviour of Sikafloor® -381 ECF is classified as: Bfl-s1
- Particle emission certificate Sikafloor®-381 ECF CSM Statement of Qualification - ISO 14644-1, class 4 - Report No. SI 1312-681
- Spark resistance in accordance with UFGS-09 97 23 of coating systems, Test report P 8625-E, Kiwa Polymer Institut
Sika Sikafloor 381 ECF is used within the following Sika systems:
- Sikafloor MultiDur ET-31 ECF/V
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
- 2 Component Epoxy
- Electrostatic Behaviour: Resistance to ground1) Rg < 109 Ω, Typical average resistance to ground2) Rg < 106 Ω
- Consumption: Sikafloor®-381 ECF filled with quartz sand 0.06 - 0.3 2.5 kg/m² Binder + quartz sand 10 - 15°C: without filling 15 - 20°C: 1 : 0.1 pbw (2.3 + 0.2 kg/m²) 20 - 30°C: 1 : 0.2 pbw (2.1 + 0.4 kg/m²), Sikafloor®-381 ECF + 2.5 - 4 wt.-% Extender T = 2 x 1.25 kg/m²
- Relative Humidity: 80% r.h. max.
- Ambient Air Temperature: +10°C min. / +30°C max.
- The substrate and uncured floor must be at least 3°C above dew point to reduce the risk of condensation or blooming on the floor finish.
- Pot Life: Roughly 30 minutes at 20°C
- Ready for Foot Traffic: 18 hours at 20°C
- Ready for Light Traffic: 2 days at 20°C
- Ready for Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Clean all tools and application equipment with Sika Thinner C immediately after use.
- Tintable to almost an unlimited palette - Due to the nature of carbon fibres providing the conductivity, it is not possible to achieve exact colour matching. With very bright colours (such as yellow and orange), this effect is increased. Under direct sun light there may be some discoloration and colour variation, this has no influence on the function and performance of the coating.
- Available in 25 Kg
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.