Sika Earthing Kit is a system component of Sika ESD and Electro Static Floor Systems to provide earthing points within the flooring layers.
An electrostatic charge, which occurs during materials contact and separation, has to be discharged via an earthing point. Sika provides the Sikafloor®-Earthing Kit, a unique tool box containing all of the necessary components for up to 10 earthing points.
Every earthing point is able to conduct to earth approximately 300 m2. Ensure the longest distance between each earthing point in each room or area is a maximum of 10 m apart. In larger areas with longer distances, additional earthing points must be installed in accordance with the Electrical Engineer’s requirements.
If site conditions or other constraints do not allow the positioning of any additional earthing points that are required, then any longer distances (>10 m) must be bridged by the use of additional adhesive copper tapes in accordance with the relevant specifi cations. All of the earthing points have to be connected to an appropriate ring-main to ground them and this work must be carried out and approved by the responsible Electrical Engineer in accordance with all relevant local regulations.
- Prepare and prime the substrate in accordance with the relevant system products product data sheet.
- Drill a 8 mm diameter hole, depth > 50 mm
- Remove all dust, loose and friable material and Insert the anchor, the top of the anchor must be flush with the floor surface.
- Fix the screw into the anchor with an Allen key, so that 16 mm of the Allen screw stick out
- Apply the copper tapes (2 x 10 mm) at either side of the drilled-hole as shown in the picture
- Fix the large (D = 60 mm) and the medium size (D = 30 mm) washers with the nut (M 6) to the Allen screw.
- Fit the small plastic tube onto the Allen screw and fasten tightly.
- Make sure the plastic tube is fitted tightly before the application of Sikafloor materials.
- Apply the conductive wearing layer and then the rest of the selected Sikafloor system.
- After full curing of the complete Sikafloor® system, remove the plastic tube and clean the head of the Allen screw thoroughly.
- Fix the brass eyelet using the self-locking nut (M 6) on the Allen screw.
- Connect the earthing main cable with the brass eyelet (only by a qualified Electrical Engineer).
Sika Earthing Kit is used within the following Sika systems:
- Sikafloor MultiDur EB-39 ECF
- Sikafloor MultiDur ES-24 ECF
- Sikafloor MultiDur ES-25 ESD
- Sikafloor MultiDur ES-31 ECF
- Sikafloor MultiDur ES-39 ECF
- Sikafloor MultiDur ES-40 ESD
- Sikafloor MultiDur ET-14 ECF
- Sikafloor MultiDur ET-25 ESD
- Sikafloor MultiDur ET-31 ECF V
- Sikafloor MultiDur ET-39 ECF V
- Sikafloor PurCem HS-25 ECF
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
- Sold in Kits of 10
- Full kit suitable for 100m2
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.