Sikafloor®-262 AS N is a two part, self-smoothing, coloured epoxy resin coating. Sikafloor®-262 AS N is the main wearing course of the Sikafloor® Multidur ES-24 ECF System. It should be combined with Sikafloor Filler 1 or Sika Quartz Sand.
Sika Sikafloor® 262 AS N may only be used by experienced professionals. Sika Sikafloor® 262 AS N is used as: Decorative and protective electrostatic conductive self-smoothing system for concrete or cement screeds with normal up to medium heavy wear.
Suitable as a wearing course in industries, such as automotive, electronics and pharmaceutical manufacturing, storage facilities and warehouses. Particularly suitable for areas with sensitive electronic equipment e.g. CNC machinery, computer rooms, aircraft maintenance sheds, battery-charging rooms and areas subjected to high explosion risk.
- Electrostatic conductive
- Good chemical and mechanical resistance
- Easy to clean
- Liquid proof
- Semi-gloss finish
- Slip resistant surface possible
The concrete substrate must be sound and of sufficient compressive strength (minimum 25 N/mm2) with a minimum pull off strength of 1.5 N/mm2. The substrate must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. If in doubt apply a test area first. Concrete substrates must be prepared mechanically using abrasive blast cleaning or scarifying equipment to remove cement laitance and achieve an open textured surface.
Weak concrete must be removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids must be fully exposed. Repairs to the substrate, filling of blowholes/voids and
surface levelling can be carried out using appropriate products from the Sikafloor®, Sikadur® and Sikagard® range of materials.
The concrete or screed substrate has to be primed or levelled in order to achieve an even surface. Unevenness influences the film thickness and thus the conductivity. High spots must be removed by e.g. grinding. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of
the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum.
Prior to mixing, stir part A mechanically. When all of part B has been added to part A, mix continuously for 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. When parts A and B have been mixed, add Sikafloor®- Filler 1 or the quartz sand 0.1 - 0.3 mm and mix for a further 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. To ensure thorough mixing pour materials into another container and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. Over mixing must be avoided to minimize air entrainment. Sikafloor®-262 AS N must be thoroughly mixed using a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment.
Sikafloor®-262 AS N is poured, spread evenly by means of a serrated trowel e.g. Large-Surface Scraper No. 656, Toothed blades No. 25 (www.polyplan.com). After spreading the material evenly, turn the serrated trowel and smooth the surface in order to achieve an aesthetically higher grade of finish. Roll immediately (within max. 10 minutes of application) in two directions with a steel spiked roller to ensure even thickness and to remove entrapped air. To obtain the highest level of aesthetic finish, spike roll in two directions at a 90 degree angle, passing only once in each direction.
- Sikafloor®-262 AS N conforms to the requirements of LEED EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings SCAQMD Method 304-91 VOC Content < 100 g/l.
- Self-smoothing, coloured epoxy resin coating according to EN 1504-2: 2004 and EN 13813, DoP 02 08 01 02 014 0 000007 2017, certified by Factory Production Control Body No. 0921, certificate 2017, and provided with the CE-mark
- Fire classification in accordance with EN 13501-1, Report-No. 2007-B-0181/17, MPA Dresden, Germany, May 2007
- Testing of electrostatic properties in accordance to IEC 61340, SP Institute, Test Report F900355:A, February 2009
- Testing of Paint Compatibility in acc. to BMW-Standard 09-09-132-5, Polymer Institute, Test Report P 5541, August 2008
- Varnishability test according to VW-standard PV 3.10.7 (paint wetting impairment substances (PWIS)) like silicones, HQM GmbH, Test Report 09-09-132-4,
- Particle emission certificate Sikafloor®-262 AS N CSM Statement of Qualification - ISO 14644-1, class 4 - Report No. SI 1412-740, March 2015
- Outgassing emission certificate Sikafloor®-262 AS NFCR: CSM Statement of Qualification - ISO 14644-8, class -8.0 - Report No. SI 1412-740, March 2015
- Spark resistance in accordance with UFGS-09 97 23 of coating systems, Test report P 8625-E, Kiwa Polymer Institut
- 2 Component Epoxy
- Electrostatic Behaviour: Resistance to ground1) Rg < 109 Ω, Typical average resistance to ground2) Rg ≤ 106 Ω
- Consumption: If filled with Sika Sikafloor Filler 1 - Maximum 2.5 kg/m² Binder + Sikafloor® Filler 1 Depending on the temperature the filling grade varies
from: 1 : 0.1 pbw (2.3 + 0.2 kg/m²) to 1 : 0.2 pbw (2.1 + 0.4 kg/m²)
- Relative Humidity: 80% r.h. max.
- Ambient Air Temperature: +10°C min. / +30°C max.
- The substrate and uncured floor must be at least 3°C above dew point to reduce the risk of condensation or blooming on the floor finish.
- Pot Life: Roughly 25 minutes at 20°C
- Ready for Foot Traffic: 24 hours at 20°C
- Ready for Light Traffic: 3 days at 20°C
- Ready for Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Clean all tools and application equipment with Sika Thinner C immediately after use.
- Consumption: Sikafloor®-262 AS N filled with quartz sand F34 - Maximum 2.5 kg/m² Binder + quartz sand F34 Depending on the temperature the filling
grade varies from: 1 : 0.1 pbw (2.3 + 0.2 kg/m²) to 1 : 0.3 pbw (1.9 + 0.6 kg/m²
- Tintable to almost an unlimited palette - Due to the nature of carbon fibres providing the conductivity, it is not possible to achieve exact colour matching. With very bright colours (such as yellow and orange), this effect is increased. Under direct sun light there may be some discoloration and colour variation, this has no influence on the function and performance of the coating.
- Available in 25 Kg