Sika Sikafloor®-220 W Conductive is a two part, water dispersed, epoxy resin with a high electrostatic conductivity. Sikafloor®-220 W Conductive is a component found in many different Sika systems.
Sika Sikafloor®-220 W Conductive may only be used by experienced professionals. Sikafloor®-220 W Conductive must be applied as conductive primer underneath all Sikafloor® conductive wearing courses, such as Sika Sikafloor® 262 AS N, Sika Sikafloor 262 AS N Thixo, Sika Sikafloor 235 ESD, Sika Sikafloor 381 ECF and Sika Sikafloor 390 ECF.
- Highly electrostatic conductive
- Easy application
- Economical in use
Electrostatic conductive coatings are used as concrete and cementitious screeds for different types of industrial use such as ammunition facilities or electronics manufacturing. Particularly suitable for areas with sensitive electronic equipment e.g. CNC machinery, computer rooms, aircraft maintenance sheds, battery-charging rooms and areas subjected to high explosion risk.
The concrete substrate must be sound and of sufficient compressive strength (minimum 25 N/mm2) with a minimum pull off strength of 1.5 N/mm2. The substrate must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. If in doubt apply a test area first. Concrete substrates must be prepared mechanically using abrasive blast cleaning or scarifying equipment to remove cement laitance and achieve an open textured surface.
Weak concrete must be removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids must be fully exposed.
Repairs to the substrate, filling of blowholes/voids and surface levelling must be carried out using appropriate products from the Sikafloor®, SikaDur® and SikaGard
® range of materials. The concrete or screed substrate has to be primed or levelled in order to achieve an even surface. High spots must be removed by e.g. grinding. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum.
Prior to mixing, stir part A mechanically. When all of part B has been added to part A, mix continuously for 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved.
Uniformly spread Sika Sikafloor 220 W Conductive using a short pile nylon roller (12 mm).
After the curing of Sikafloor®-220 W Conductive and before application of the subsequent conductive wearing couses, the testing to measure the conductivityof Sikafloor®-220 W Conductive, is mandatory. All readings must be below 104 Ohms. Measuring equipment: Resistance to ground: Insulation Tester Metriso 2000 from Warmbier or comparable. Surface resistance probe: Carbon Rubber electrode. Weight: 2.50 kg (+/- 0.25 kg); Diameter: 65 mm (+/- 5 mm); Rubber pad hardness: Shore A 60 (+/- 10).
- Sikafloor®-220 W Conductive conforms to the requirements of LEED EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings SCAQMD Method 304-91 VOC Content < 100 g/l
- Water dispersed, epoxy roller coat with a high electrostatic conductivity according to EN 1504-2: 2004 and EN 13813, DoP 02 08 01 02 012 0 000001 2017,
certified by Factory Production Control Body No. 0921, certificate 2017, and provided with the CEmark.
- Varnishability test according to VW-standard PV 3.10.7 (paint wetting impairment substances (PWIS)) like silicones, HQM GmbH, Test Report 09-09-132-5,
- Waterborne Expoxy
- Typical average resistance to ground: Rg ≤ 104 Ω
- Ambient Air Temperature Range: +10°C min. / +30°C max
- Relative Air Humidity: 75% r.h. max
- Substrate Temperature: +10°C min. / +30°C max
- The substrate and uncured floor must be at least 3°C above dew point to reduce the risk of condensation or blooming on the floor finish
- Pot Life: Roughly 90 minutes at 20°C
- Curing Time: Min. 17 hours Max. 5 days at 20°C prior to overcoating
- Ready for foot traffic after roughly 13 hours at 20°C
- Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use
- Theoretical Coverage: 60m2 per 6 Kg
- Available in Black
- Available in 6 Kg
|Type:||Electrostatic Conductive Epoxy Primer|
|VOC Content:||100.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For floors|
|Application Method:||Short Pile Nylon Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||0.08 - 0.10 Kg per m2|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Overcoatable:||Between 17 hours and 5 days at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||Ready to use at 13 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||-|
|Shelf Life:||12 months from date of production|
|Packaging:||Available in 6 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.