Sikagard® 403W Formerly Liquid Plastics Steridex or Sikagard® 203W is a single component, waterborne, hygiene paint, for walls and ceilings
Sikagard® 403W (203W) is a single component, waterborne modified acrylic resin hygiene paint that can be used as an intermediate and surface coating for walls and ceilings and is available in a range of softer shades.
Sikagard® 403W (203W) is for application to walls and ceilings within environments where cleanliness and hygiene levels are of the utmost importance. Sikagard® 403W provides an easily cleaned surface, which makes it extremely suitable in environments where control of bacteria is a priority. for example, within the food and beverage industry, hospitals, healthcare facilities and kitchens.
- Seamless, easy to clean finish
- Good resistance to repeated cleaning regimes using mild detergents and cleaning solutions
- Tough and highly durable
- Good water vapour permeability
- More flexible in comparison to standard acrylic paints, improves resistance to cracking and flaking
- Ultra-low emissions
- Good opacity
- Easy to apply
Sikagard® 403W (203W) provides excellent coverage and due to the paints opacity, provides an easily applied elastomeric matt coating, that resists cracking and flaking, when exposed to high levels of atmospheric moisture. Sikagard® 203W should be applied with a conventional spray. Application by brush or roller is possible, but the resultant surface migh be lightly textured.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 403W (203W) is suitable for use on internal walls which need to be easily cleaned on a regular basis. It has good resistance to repeated cleaning regimes (using mild detergents and cleaning solutions). Sikagard® 403W (203W) can be applied to concrete, bricks, cement based and gypsum substrates, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic. The use of Sikagard® 403W will provide a tough and durable result.
- Eurofins, test report No. 392-2014-0027 0301, VOC emission acc
- French. regulations Decret DEVL 11019093D, March 23, 2011
- Decret DEVL 11034675A, April 19, 2011
- PRA, test report No. 77388-004, gloss, fineness, grind wet scrub resistance and contrast ratio acc. EN 13300, June 15th 2001
- Exova Warrigtonfire, test report No. WF 343711, classification reaction to fire acc. according EN 13501-1:2007+A1:2009, March 30th 2007 November 2008
- IMSL, test report No. 2014/02/011.1A-1, determination of antibacterial activity acc. ISO 22196, August 30th 2011
- 4wardtesting, test report No. C2882, water vapour transmission rate and water vapour permeability acc. ISO 7783-1:2000 (superseded by EN ISO 7783:2011, November 30th 2011)
Sika Sikagard 403W is used within the following Sika systems:
- Sikagard Wallcoat AL-11 Hygienic
- Sikagard Wallcoat AL-12 Hygienic
- Sikagard Wallcoat AS-11 Hygienic
- Sikagard Wallcoat AS-12 Hygienic
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
|Type:||Waterborne Acrylic Resin Wall Coating|
|Tintable:||Pastel shades on request. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangable.|
|VOC Content:||392.0g per Litre|
|Volume Solids:||50.6% for Satin, 52.5% for High Gloss|
|Suitable Substrates:||For application on concrete, bricks, cement and gypsum based substrates, metal surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic|
|Application Method:||Short Pile Roller or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||0.28 Kg per m2 per layer - 3.6m2 per coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||200 microns unreinforced|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||100 microns unreinforced|
Between 2 hours and 7 days at 20°C with Sikagard 403W
Between 8 hours to 7 days at 20°C for 2 part topcoats
|Cleaner / Thinner:|
|Shelf Life:||12 months from date of production|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 and 15 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.