Dac-Hydro-Plus roof tile paint makes an old roof new again and is often a better and more cost effective solution than replacing the old roof tiles.
Rustoleum Mathys Dac-Hydro-Plus Roof Tile Paint. The UK'S NO 1 BEST SELLING TOP QUALITY ROOF PAINT, this is a renewal coating for cleaned concrete or terracotta roof tiles. Dac-Hydro-Plus roof tile paint makes an old roof new again and is often a better solution than replacing the old roof tiles. The paint now has a built in primer giving even greater adhesion to the roof tiles ensuring a longer lasting protection.
Rustoleum Dac-Hydro-Plus is a water based low odour paint which offers excellent resistance against weathering on roof tiles, the product provides a particularly aesthetic and durable decorative finish which is breathable meaning it allows water out but not in. Dac Hydro Plus is also flexible with excellent adhesion to most mineral substrates. This Roof Tile Paint is easy to apply and has excellent gloss retention meaning it will not fade or lose it sheen over time with exposure to the elements and UV rays.
When applied with an airless sprayer Dac Hydro Plus has a theoretical coverage rate of 9 – 11 m² per litre per coat (15 litres covers approx. 100 m²), if you intend to apply with a brush or roller the coverage rate will be reduced considerably to 2 m² per litre per coat (15 litres covers approx. 30 m²), please bare this in mind when working out the quantities of paint you require.
- Before applying Dac hydro plus the surface will need to be cleaned with pure water under high pressure (200 bars) this can be achieved by using a power washer. It is then advisable that the surface is then treated with a fungicidal wash to kill any algae, fungi or spores present on the surface.
- Before application you will need to ensure the surface is dry, clean, not chalking and normally absorbent (untreated roof tiles).
- Certain substrates will then require a primer to be applied to ensure adhesion, please consult product data sheet or check with our technical department.
- An application of 2 coats is all that is required, allowing 24 hours between coats.
- Always consult the Technical Data Sheet prior to use.
Rustoleum Dac Hydro Plus has been designed for use on concrete, clay and Natural Slate Roof Tiles. Best used on cleaned old weathered tiles to make them look brand new without replacing them.
- Product is designed for application via an airless sprayer
- Enhances and protects terracotta or concrete roof tiles
- Fast to apply and very affordable
- Dac-Hydro-Plus has a built in primer
- Offers very high quality and lasting protection
- Rustoleum Mathys roof coating is fully elastic and allows water out but not in
- Offers excellent adhesion to correctly cleaned roof tile.
- Clean weathered tiles with high pressure wash to remove moss and dirt
- Apply a coat of sterilisation wash (Rustoleum Mathys AMW) to kill off moss and to prevent re-growth
- For best results apply 2 coats Dac-Hydro-Plus
- Coverage rates will vary considerable when applied with a brush or roller application, please consult Technical Data Sheet for more information
- A Primer may be needed to on certain substrates to ensure adhesion, please consult Technical Data Sheet for more information
|Stock Colours:||C351 Slate, C353 Brown, C355 Tile Red, C859 Black, D276 Red Brown, E596 Rustic|
|Tintable:||Yes, Minimum Order Quantity 120 Litres. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangable.|
|VOC Content:||35.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For concrete and terracotta roof tiles|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||10 m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||1st coat: 110 microns (125 g per m2), 2nd coat: 85 microns (100 g per m2)|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||1st coat: 33 microns, 2nd coat: 26 microns|
|Touch Dry:||1 hour at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 24 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||7 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Water|
|Shelf Life:||2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C|
|Packaging:||Available in 15 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.