This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Jotatemp 650 is a high-build, one part Inert Multipolymeric Matrix aluminium pigmented coating formulated to provide corrosion protection of structures exposed to extreme high and/or extreme low temperatures.
Jotatemp 650 Prevents Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI). Corrosion under insulation is one of the most costly problems attacking processing industry today. A major oil company states that CUI accounts for more unexpected down-time than all other possible causes combined. A coating in this environment must withstand an aggressive environment and have certain application properties to make it a viable solution.
- A high-build, one-component Inert Multi-polymeric Matrix coating designed to provide corrosion protection of structures exposed to extreme high and/or extreme low temperatures.
- Jotatemp 650 offers High Efficiency
- Tested and approved by major oil companies
- Provides corrosion protection at extremely high and low temperatures
- Productivity is increased through through a wide temperature range for application, can be applied at up to 260 Degrees C.
- Jotatemp 650 is a high build paint coating, saving application time
- Prevents CUI during construction, shut-down or low temperature periods
- One component paint so no mixing is required
- Limited surface preparation, saving time
- Jotatemp 650 is ideal for maintenance painting
- No special preparation requiredbefore application
- No shut-down required during painting.
- Please read the Product Data Sheet for full technical data.
|Type:||Inert Multipolymeric Matrix coating|
|Stock Colours:||Black or Grey|
|VOC Content:||453 gms/ltr|
|Volume Solids:||76 ± 2|
|Suitable Substrates:||Carbon Steel|
|Application Method:||Brush (care must be taken to ensure DFT is achieved, or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||Minimum 7.6 m2/l, Maximum 5.1 m2/l, Typical 6.1 m2/l|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||Minimum 135 microns, Maximum 200 microns, Typical 165 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||Minimum 100 microns, Maximum 150 microns, Typical 125 microns|
|Surface Dry:||2 hours at 23°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 6 hours at 23°C|
|Thorough Dry:||6 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Jotun Thinner No. 21 (should only be used between 100 °C and 400 °C) or Jotun Thinner No. 7 (below 100 °C)|
|Storage:||Store in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.