Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that has been formulated for application to new concrete and other surfaces
Protecta-Kote Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that has been formulated for application to new concrete and other surfaces such as bitumen or cementitious materials before the application of Protect-Kote.
This two pack easy to apply coating is available in 1 litre and 5 litre units, it is brushable and can be applied to both dry and slightly damp surfaces to provide an adhesion coat that provides a strong waterproof bond between the substrate and Protecta-Kote or SafeKote anti-slip paints.
Duraprime can prove to be economical as it offers a theoretical coverage rate of between 5 and 7 m2 per litre per coat.
- Water based
- 2 Pack epoxy
- Suitable for application to damp surfaces bellow 10%
- Can be used on bituminous surfaces
- Creates a strong bond between substrate and Proteca-Kote and Safe-Kote
- Once cured these materials are non-toxic, inert and harmless.
- Always wear gloves when working with Duraprime and provide adequate ventilation.
- Recoatable after 3-6 hours while still tacky
- Only 1 coat required for priming
- Theoretical coverage rate of 5-7 m2 per litre
- Available in 1 and 5 litre units.