Protecta-Kote Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that treats and seals surfaces in preparation for later waterproofing.
Protecta-Kote Duraprime can be used on both damp and dry surfaces and is especially effective for priming new concrete as it penetrates the surface, forming a strong, waterproof bond and allowing for easy overcoating. Duraprime is a twin pack, water-based epoxy primer of brushable consistency for clean cementitious surfaces.
Protecta-Kote Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that has been formulated for application to new concrete and other surfaces such as bitumen or cementitious materials before the application of Protect-Kote.
- Primer damp and dry surfaces and bituminous surfaces before application of Duram 195, Duram Durapond, Duram Rainkote Fibre-Tech and Duram Durabak
- Suitable sealer for screeds
- Easy to apply - no skilled labour required
- Can be applied to damp surfaces
- Compatible with most surfaces
- Economical and no specialised equipment is required
This two pack easy to apply coating is available in 1 litre and 5 litre units, it is brushable and can be applied to both dry and slightly damp surfaces to provide an adhesion coat that provides a strong waterproof bond between the substrate and Protecta-Kote or SafeKote anti-slip paints. Duraprime can prove to be economical as it offers a theoretical coverage rate of between 5 and 7 m2 per litre per coat.
All cementitious surfaces to be laid to fall. Damage to be repaired and returned to sound condition. Remove loose grit. Whilst application may be made to damp surfaces (e.g. new concrete) they must not be wet. Moisture content of less than 10% is recommended to allow sufficient penetration of primer into concrete. To test for excessive moisture, cover area overnight with a plastic sheet and observe condensation on the plastic sheet or a noticeable discolouration of the concrete.
Apply thinly by brush or roller. The compound becomes clear when dry and can then be overcoated. As a primer only one coat is required. It is important that any overcoat be applied to Duram Duraprime while still tacky. Once fully cured inter-coat adhesion may be reduced. Duraprime can be overcoated with Duram 195, Duram Durapond, Duram Rainkote Fibre-Tech, Duram Durabak and Epoxies.
- Water based
- 2 Pack epoxy
- Suitable for application to damp surfaces bellow 10%
- Can be used on bituminous surfaces
- Creates a strong bond between substrate and Proteca-Kote and Safe-Kote
- Once cured these materials are non-toxic, inert and harmless.
- Always wear gloves when working with Duraprime and provide adequate ventilation.
- Recoatable after 3-6 hours while still tacky
- Only 1 coat required for priming
- Theoretical coverage rate of 5-7 m2 per litre
- Available in 1 and 5 litre units.