Sherwin Williams Macropoxy M902 - Formerly Leighs Epigrip M902 is an epoxy MIO surface tolerant epoxy protective system suitable for low temperature curing on Network Rail, TfL or Ministry of Defence use.
Macropoxy M902 is suitable for new works above and below ground due to it's 0°C low temperature curing. Macropoxy M902 is suitable for maintenance in harsh, cold environments where rapid overcoating and faster handling times are required. Suitable for atmospherically exposed surfaces but not recommended for exposure to severe chemical environments.
Certified for Network Rail and TfL use.
Macropoxy M902 has been used to success at St Pancras International Station, Earls Court Station and Tower Bridge. Suitable for use on carbon steel and stainless steel as a primer, sealer / tie coat or intermediate paint.
Manually prepare surfaces ti a minimum standard of St3 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007 at the time of coating. Ensure all surfaces to be coated are clean and free from all surface contamination for application onto damp surfaces.
It is possible to apply Macropoxy M902 onto a damp substrate by brush application. If this is to be done ensure there is no running water or pooled water on the substrate.
Recommended for application by airless spray onto blast cleaned surfaces, or via brush or roller. If applying by brush, apply onto hand or mechanically prepared surfaces and/or gingered surfaces giving excellent wetting and adhesion characteristics. When low temperature curing is required or rapid overcoating, apply via spray to blast cleaned surfaces. Recommended Thinner No5 for thinning, or No9 / No13 for cleaning. Macropoxy M902 is compatible with Transgard TG115.
- Registered for TfL (Transport for London) use: 289 for new works above ground
- Registered for TfL (Transport for London) use: 286 for new works below ground
- Highways Agency Item 115
- Network Rail 7.1.5
- Maintenance Certificate Reference: XM92/M21/160
- Approved by MoD/DRA (Ministry of Defence) to Def Stan 80-134
- LuL APR No.286: M24 Paint System for Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures, including structures in below ground locations, to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life. Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials'. M24 is a protective treatment for use on steel structures coated with sound aged alkyd paints where the existing paint cannot totally be removed. The coatings are surface tolerant and are suitable for application to abrasive blast-cleaned surfaces, hand or power tool cleaned surfaces and sound, aged alkyd paints. This paint system is a winter grade that can be used in cold conditions, slightly above freezing.
- NATO Approval No. 8010-99-421-0972 (Aluminium 2.5 Litres)
- Recommended buildcoat Macropoxy M905
- Compatible with Transgard TG115
- Theoretical Coverage: 6m2 per litre
- Drying Times: Touch Dry - 5 1/2 hours at 5°C or 3 1/2 hours at 23°C. Recoatable in 6 1/2 hours at 5°C or 4 hours at 23°C.
- Dry Film Thickness: 125 microns depending on surface
- Pot Life: 8hrs at 5°C, 1 1/2 hours at 23°C.
- Recommended Thinner No5 for thinning, or No9 / No13 for cleaning.
- Colour: Aluminium
- Available in 2 and 5 Litre units
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.