Osmo WR Base Coat (4001 Clear) is a clear solvent based wood protection for the exterior use which guards against plant and animal wood pests like rot, blue stain and insect attack.
Osmo WR Base Coat (4001 Clear) contains active ingredients which according to latest research protect against blue stain (EN 152), rot (EN 113) and wood-destroying insects (EN 46). Osmo WR Base Coat has a faint odour during the application and is odourless after drying.
Osmo WR Base Coat (4001 Clear) protects any exterior wood surfaces which are not under structural loads and that are dimensionally stable, limited dimensionally stable or dimensionally unstable. The exterior wood should be without direct contact to the ground (e.g. windows, roller shutters, doors, pergolas, trellis, garden furniture, etc.) against insects, rot and blue stain according to DIN 68800, part 3.
- Extremely water repellent
- Resistant to blue stain, rot and insect attack
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- No future application necessary
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo WR Base Coat (4001 Clear) is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Apply by brushing, dipping, flooding; spraying only in an enclosed unit. Coat the clean, dry and frost-free wood generously – if possible on all sides.
Osmo WR Base Coat is not a self-priming finish, instead it is a clear impregnation to protect wood against rot, blue stain and insect attack. To guarantee full protection (against UV rays) and permanent beauty of wood, a top coat (e.g. with Osmo One Coat Only HS Plus, Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain, Osmo Country Colour, Osmo Opaque White Gloss or Osmo UV Protection Oil) is required within three months. If the coloured surface should have an external surface protection (film protection), we recommend for non-biocidal wood finishes (Osmo One Coat Only HS Plus and Osmo Country Colour) a top coat with Osmo UV Protection Oil Extra. Do not coat white finished surfaces with Osmo UV Protection Oil Extra.
- Protects against blue stain (EN 152) according to DIN 68800 Part 3
- Protects against rot (EN 113) according to DIN 68800 Part 3
- Protects against wood destroying insects (EN 46) according to DIN 68800 Part 3
- Osmo WR Base Coat is not a wood finish and is a base coat only. A finishing product from the Osmo range is required within three months
- If possible, although not essential; apply to all sides of the wood to give the strongest protection. Wipe excess from edges with a dry cloth before leaving to dry
- Some applications may raise the wood's grain, if neccessary de-nib to smoothen the surface
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use
- Note: 4005 WR Base Coat Aqua is discontinued from 2016 and is superceded with an improved oil-based version Osmo WR Base Coat
|Stock Colours:||Clear 4001|
|Suitable Substrates:||Exterior Wood|
|Application Method:||Brush or Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 5-6 m² with one coat.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Odour:||Faint, afyer drying odourless.|
|Application Temperature:||Between 5°C and 35°C|
|Drying Time:||Approx 12 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 2 years and more if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.