Sherwin Williams Macropoxy L574 - Formerly Leighs Metagard L524 is a 2 pack epoxy temporary protective primer for steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning.
Sherwin Williams Macropoxy L574 is best suited as a temporary protective coating for steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning. Suitable for use in conjunction with cathodically protected steel. Suitable for welding and fabrication and for overcoating with most paints in common use except high content metallic zinc products as per data sheets. Also suitable as a sealer for aluminium and zinc metal spray, or as a primer for use over stainless steel and non-ferrous metallic substrates.
Recommended application via airless spray, conventional spray, roller or brush for small areas and touch up only. Recommended cleanser / thinner no5. FERROUS SURFACES: For optimum performance use round steel shot and blast clean to Sa2½ BS EN ISO 8501-1 (2007). Average surface profi le in the range 30-50 microns. NON FERROUS SURFACES: For optimum adhesion all surfaces should be flash blasted using non-metallic abrasive and coated with L574 within 4 hours of blasting. Under conditions of high humidity a shorter period will be necessary. ALL SURFACES: Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination.Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems provided the surfaces to be coated have been suitably cleaned. Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required, overcoat with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237 Acrolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23ºC and will vary with temperature. For overcoating with alkyd systems, consult Sherwin-Williams for advice.
- Network Rail item No. 7.1.2
- LuL APR No. 285 - XN90 Paint System for New Steel for application to new construction work within LU infrastructure to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.
- LuL APR No. 283 - N2/M21 Paint System for New and Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.. Epigrip C123 can be substituted for Epigrip M922 as a potentially more cost effective product.
- Drying Time: 10 minutes at 15°C to touch, 4 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Dry Film Thickness: 25 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 11.6m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 10 hours at 15°C
- Available in a limited colour range
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.