Sherwin Williams Macropoxy L674 - Formerly Leighs Metagard Transgard is a quick drying, 2 pack epoxy zinc phosphate blast primer, designed for the anti corrosive protection of carbon steel surfaces
Macropoxy L674 is suitable for quick drying anti-corrosive protection of carbon steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning and is also suitable for use in conjunction with cathodically protected steel. Suitable for overcoating with most paints in common use except high content metallic zinc products. Suitable as a primer for use over degreased/abraded or blast cleaned aluminium.
Recommended application via airless spray, conventional spray, roller and brush for small areas or touch ups. Recommended cleanser / thinner no5. Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems provided the surfaces to be coated have been suitably cleaned. Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required overcoat with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. Ferrous Surfaces: For optimum performance blast clean to Sa2½ BS EN ISO8501-1(2007). Average surface profi le in the range 30-50 microns. For Aluminium: For optimum adhesion all surfaces should be flash blasted using non-metallic abrasive. Alternatively, surfaces can be degreased and thoroughly abraded using 120’s grade silicone carbide paper. Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination.These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
- Network Rail Item No. 7.1.2
- LuL APR No. 284 - N4/M20 Paint System for New and Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life. Refer to APR Entry No. 289 for an equivalent winter grade paint system.
- Dry Film Thickness: 50 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 8.4m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 8 hours at 15°C
- Available in Buff or Red Oxide
- Available in 5 and 20 Litre units