Osmo Spray Wax is a sprayable version of the renowned Osmo Polyx-Oil, with a high quality, durable, microporous oil and wax combination. A High quality oil-wax finish – especially developed for professional use.
Osmo Spray-Wax is ideal for all interior woods for which a durable, low-maintenance and hard-wearing surface is necessary, e.g. stairs, furniture, table tops, kitchen worktops, toys, parquet, flooring and so on. Especially well suited to the use in wet rooms such as baths and kitchens. Resistant to water and dirt, is hardwearing and smoothens wood surfaces. In comparison to conventional finishes, the natural vegetable oils and waxes allow for an even colouring and a harmonic, smooth surface result. Does not crack, flake, peel or blister.
- Sprayable application
- Suitable for wetrooms
- Anti-slip version available (3009)
- Extremely tough and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Spray-Wax is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P220-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum. The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
First coat: Apply with a cup spray gun, airless/air mix or HVLP. Application amount, among other things, depends on wood species and surface, approx. 35 – 40 g/m2. Allow for good ventilation while drying. Intermediate sanding: at least P220 Second coat: Apply with a cup spray gun, airless/air mix or HVLP. Application amount depends on wood species and surface, approx. 35 – 40 g/m2. Allow for good ventilation while drying. Osmo Spray-Wax can also be applied with a brush or cloth. Depending on the work method of the user/machine, the equipment and the condition of the relevant units as well as the type and shape of the work piece, all details have to be adjusted or corrected to suit individual cases.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- Anti Slip version holds an R9 slip rating: More than adequate for domestic and commercial applications where a safety floor is not required
- Apply with a cup spray gun, airless/air mix or HVLP
- Recommended application amount is approx. 35-40g per m2
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
- Osmo Oil Stain's are ideal as a first coat if a coloured surface is desired.
- Osmo Spray Wax can be pigmented with up to 30% of one of the Osmo Oil Stain colours
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 24 m2 per litre with one coat
- Requires 2 coats
- Application Temperature: Between 5°C and 35°C
- Drying Time: 2-3 hours at 23°C to dust dry, 6 - 8 hours at 23°C to sand
- Available in Clear and White in various finishes
- Available in 2.5 and 10 Litres