Rust-Oleum Rust-O-Thane 9200 is a water based polyurethane paint for use on floors and steelwork, it offers high UV resistance and colour retention.
Rust-Oleum Rust-O-Thane 9200 is a Decorative Steel water based polyurethane industrial coating intended for use on floors and steelwork. Due to its polyurethane formula, this product has high UV resistance and colour retention. As Rust-Oleum Rust-O-Thane 9200 is part of the Rust-Oleum Colour shop range, it can be tinted to almost any RAL, BS, NCS or Mathys colour. Please ring Promain on 01462 421 333 if you need any more advice on this product.
Rust-Oleum Rust-O-Thane 9200 should be used if a Decorative Steel Coating is required, due to its Satin-Gloss finish. It is suitable for use on coated floors and walls and primed metal surfaces, where a long lasting or an automotive level UV resistant finish is required.
Rust-Oleum Rust-O-Thane 9200 can be applied using a brush, roller or airless spray and is touch dry in 1.5 hours. After 24 hours, a second coat can be applied. Surfaces should be clean and dry and free from grease, oil and contaminants.
For 9200 application onto new upvc frames where exposure conditions will be normal atmospheric weathering only, we would suggest that all surfaces to be painted to be degreased via thorough washing with 5% solution of Rust-Oleum ND14 or Rustoleum Pre-Paint Cleaner, followed by thorough rinsing with fresh, clean water to remove all traces of contamination and ND14 residue.
- Once all surfaces to be painted are dry, these should be further treated via wiping with Rust-Oleum Thinners 160
- Apply one coat of 9200 exactly as per current Product Data Sheet instructions, and/or any other specific written details provided by Rust-Oleum.
Surface and Environment
Rust-Oleum Rust-O-Thane 9200 is an extremely durable polyurethane Decorative Steel Coating designed for use on a variety of steel structures and floors. Rust-O-Thane 9200 is extremely resistant to abrasion and chemical attack, making it suitable for a wide range of environments. Rust-O-Thane 9200 offers heat resistance of up to 90 degrees Celsius (although discolouring may occur above 65 degrees).
- Extremely low VOC
- 2 pack coating with excellent flow
- Highly resistant to abrasion and chemicals attack
- Exceptional UV light resistance
- Long lasting satin gloss finish
- Extremely durable, easy to clean
- Choice of Colour Shop range colour finish
- Apply by brush, roller or spray
- Touch dry: 1.5 hours
- Recoat: 24 hours
- Full cure: 2 days
- Theoretical coverage rate is approximately 7 sq. metres per litre
- Heat resistance to 90 degrees Celsius
- Discolouration may occur above 65 degrees Celsius
- Cleaner/Thinner: Water
- Pot Life: 2 hours for a 5 litre mix at 20°C
- Can be tinted to a huge range of colours
- Available in 1 and 5 litres