Scotchkote 162PWX Epoxy Coating is a 100% solids lining for the internals of pipes, tanks, vessels and other equipment in contact with potable water.
Scotchkote 162PWX Epoxy Coating, formerly Copon Hycote 162 PWX, has been specially manufactured as a 100% solids lining for the internal surfaces steel surfaces and cement mortar lined pipes, pipes, tanks, vessels and other equipment which are in contact with water.
Scotchkote 162PWX Epoxy Coating has been formulated to provide an easily applied product that protects the internal surfaces of water tanks and vessels, resisting the effects of corrosion and chemical attack.
Scotchkote 162PWX Epoxy Coating should be applied with a plural feed hot airless spray and is available in a choice of pale blue or pale grey finishes. Two coats must be applied to ensure the best protection. The Epoxy Coating 162PWX is touch dry in four hours and reaches full cure after seven days. This product has a theoretical coverage rate of two square metres per litre at 500 microns dft. More information, including application and drying times, is available on the product data sheets.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 162PWX Epoxy Coating is primarily intended for use on steel but can also be applied to a range of the surfaces found in tanks, vessels and pipes, including cement mortar lined pipelines.
- Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162 PWX
- Formerly Copon Hycote 162 PWX
- Easily applied with a plural feed hot airless spray
- Excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance
- Suitable for steel surfaces and cement mortar lined pipes
- Theoretical coverage rate: 2 square metres per litre at 500 microns dft
- Sizes: 1 litre and 3 x 18 litres
- Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162PWX is suitable for use on steel surfaces and cement mortar lined pipes.