Sherwin Williams Fast Clad ER is a solvent free, low temperature curing, epoxy technology for tank linings offering ultra fast return to service within 24 hours.
Fast Clad ER is recommended for use over prepared steel or masonry surfaces in industrial and marine exposures such as ballast tank interiors and oil storage tank interiors, fuel storage tanks and external pipeline coating, and primary or secondary containment. Acceptable for use with cathodic protection systems, or areas where rapid return to service and edge protection film build properties are required.
Meets MIL-PRF-23236 Type VII, Class 5, 7, 5/18, 7/18, 13/18, 17, 17/18 Grade C requirements for single and multi-coat seawater, fuel, bilges, and CHT tanks. Blue OAP colour contains fluorescent pigment. Wind tower gearbox lining and transformer lining up to 140°C
- One coat protection
- Fast return to service
- Low VOC
- Low odour
- Dry to walk-on within four hours
- Designed for plural-component application equipment
- Greater than 70% edge retention
- Low Temperature application and cure capabilities to 2°C
Prepare steel to SSPC-SP10/NACE 2/Sa2½. Surface must be clean, dry, and in sound condition. Remove all oil, dust, grease, dirt, loose rust, and other foreign material to ensure adequate adhesion. Refer to product data sheets for detailed surface preparation information. Use Sherwin Williams Thinner No 13 to clean tools.
Temperature: Air & surface: 4.5°C minimum*, 43°C maximum. Apply using plural component equipment, or brush / roller for stripe coat or repair.
- Meets MIL-PRF-23236 Type VII, Class 5, 7, 5/18, 7/18, 13/18, 17, 17/18 Grade C requirements for single and multi-coat seawater, fuel, bilges, and CHT tanks
- Finish: Gloss
- Dry Film Thickness: 450 - 550 microns
- Theorectical Coverage: 2.2m2 per litre for 450 microns, 1.8m2 per litre for 550 microns
- Drying Times: 1 hour to touch at 25°C, 1 hour to 14 days to recoat at 25°C
- Available in White, Blue OAP, and Black
- Available in 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.