Sika S-Vap 5000E SA is a self adhesive vapour control layer and carrier membrane made from polymer modified bitumen with a glass-fibre mat reinforcement and an aluminium foil as top layer.
Sika S-Vap 5000E SA can be applied over most common substrates such as concrete, metal decks, plywood, timber boards, oriented strand fibre board (OSB) deck and Decotherm insulation.
Special application within adhered systems:
- Adhered system: Self-adhesion strength limits max wind up lift design load
- Combined adhered system: Self adhesion strength is part of wind-up lift design
- Temporary waterproofing layer: Sika S-Vap 5000E SA can also be used as temporary waterproofing layer, as top layer can be left exposed for up to 4 weeks.
- Ease and speed of installation, due to self-adhesive property of back layer and its specific weight.
- Can be used in a totally adhered roof build-up. No additional fasteners required for securing the thermal insulation boards to the structural deck.
- Can be used as temporary waterproof layer for up to 4 weeks, as a top layer without the need for additional weight/ballast and/or mechanical fastening.
- Due to its high adhesion strength can withstand high wind loads; design load between 2.4 kN/m2 to 2.8 kN/m2.
- High adhesion/bonding strength leading to an air tight roof construction.
- High tearing resistance under foot traffic makes it ideal for use on profiled metal decks.
- High water vapour resistance makes it suitable in combination with all membranes.
- Wide application range, in regard to use in different system applications and/or in combination with different structural deck types, substrates.
- Improved fire resistance achieved by added flame-retardant.
- Can be bonded on roof slopes and up vertical abutments.
Important: If used in an adhered roof build-up, additional installation requirements must be applied e.g. use of Sika Primer 600 to achieve full self adhesion strength:
- Self adhesion strength on metal decks, max. design load of 2.4 kN/m2
- Self-adhered on concrete deck in combination with Sika Primer 600, max. design load 2.8 kN/m2.
- Self-adhered on plywood/OSB deck in combination with Sika Primer 600, max. design load 2.8 kN/m2.
Sika S-Vap 5000E SA is adhered to the substrate. In case of a concrete or plywood/OSB substrate Primer 600 must be applied as substrate treatment, to achieve the
required adhesion strength. An approved thermal insulation board must be selected. In an adhered system, the specified thermal insulation board is being adhered to the Sika S-Vap 5000E SA, using Decostik SP adhesive. Finally, Sika S-Vap 5000E SA is adhered to the insulation boards, which are primed with Sika Primer 600.
Installation works shall be performed only by a QA Contractor where a Sika Liquid Plastics Product Guarantee is required.
- CE marking according EN 13970
- Reaction to fire according to EN 13 501-1
- Fire behaviour according BS 476-6,7
- Quality management system EN ISO 9001/14001
- Store rolls in vertical position and protected against sunlight, rainfall, snow and heat. During cold weather the rolls shall be protected against frost
Top Surface: Aluminium matt and product name printed in blue.
Bottom Surface: White/black with release liner (PE-LD foil)
|Thickness:||0.60mm (+ / - 10 %)|
|Suitable Substrates:||Concrete, Metal Decks, Plywood, Timber Boards, OSB, Deck and Decotherm Insulation|
|Application Method:||See data sheet|
|Shelf Life:||The product must be installed within 12 months of production date|
|Packaging:||Available in 1.38 x 30m lengths|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.