Sika Primer 600 is a synthetic rubber and resins based solvent based primer for applying self adhesive S-Vap 5000E SA onto various substrates. Also used as primer for Sika Decostik SP to bond approved thermal insulation boards to suitable substrates.
Sika Primer 600 is a ready for use product, used as primer for applying self-adhesive Sika S-Vap 5000E SA onto various substrates. Also used as primer for Sika Decostik SP to bond approved thermal insulation boards to suitable substrates.
- Ease of application
- No hot works with torch
- High adhesion to different structural decks and substrates
- Bonding strength results in increased adhesion strength for Sika S-Vap 5000E SA Carrier Membrane SA and Sika Decostik SP on a wide range of substrate types (see individual product data sheets for specific substrate details)
Suitable for use on the following substrates: Concrete, lightweight concrete, screed, brick, plaster, Oriented Strand Boards (OSB), plywood panels, timber boards, metal decks. The substrate must offer sufficient strength and adhesion to resist the forces generated by wind suction. The substrate must be solvent resistant, firm, clean, dry, free of foreign objects and stripping agents as well as free of oil and grease. Sika Primer 600 can be used in a fully adhered roof build-up. Can be applied via brush or roller. Sika Primer 600 is ready for use and may not be thinned or mixed with other products.
Before use stir the primer vigorously. Apply a uniform, thin coat of Sika Primer 600 to the area, which will be installed the same day. Absorbent substrates may require two
coats. Allow sufficient drying time.
Not suitable for synthetic membranes such as PVC or FPO, EPS/XPS thermal insulation boards or lacquered surfaces.
- BBA British Board of Agrément (BBA) HAPAS Certified certified No. 14/5147
- Solvent based
- Consumption depends on the roughness and absorbency of the substrate and ranges from 150 g/m2 (approx 0.18 l/m2) to 500 g/m2 (approx 0.6 l/m2)
- Store in a dry, well ventilated place, at temperatures between +5°C to +30°C
- Perfect for new ply roofs alongside carrier membrane Sika S-VAP 5000E SA
- Available in black
- Available in 5Kg pails