Sika Sikalastic Fleece 120 is a polyester fleece used as reinforcement with Sikalastic® Liquid Applied Membrane systems.
Sika Sikalastic Fleece 120 is suitable for reinforcement for Sikalastic® Systems, for new construction and refurbishment projects and for roofs with many details and complex geometry even when accessibility is limited.
- Ensures the correct thickness of the base coat
- Enhance the crack-bridging properties of the system
- Enhance mechanical properties of the system
The surface must be sound, of sufficient strength, clean, dry and free of dirt, oil, grease and other contamination. Depending on the material the substrate must be primed or mechanically cleaned. Grinding may be necessary to level the surface. Suitable substrates are such as: concrete, bituminous felts and coatings, metal, brickwork, asbestos cement, ceramic tiles, wooden substrates. For detailed information regarding substrate preparation and primer chart please refer to the Method
Statement of the corresponding Liquid Applied Membrane system.
Prior the application of the Sikalastic® the priming coat if used must have cured tack-free. For the Waiting Time / Overcoating please refer to the PDS of the appropriate primer. Damageable areas (handrails etc.) have to be protected with tape or plastic wrapping. Sikalastic® Fleece-120 is applied in combination with
Sikalastic® Liquid Applied Membrane systems.
1. Apply first coat of of Sikalastic® Liquid Applied Membrane with a consumption rate according to the PDS of the Liquid Applied Membrane. Work only so far in advance that the material stays liquid.
2. Roll in the Sikalastic® Fleece-120 and ensure that there are no bubbles or creases. Overlapping of Sikalastic® Fleece-120 must be minimum 5 cm and ensure
overlaps are sufficiently wet to bond.
3. The roller may require only a little extra material to remain wet but no further significant material needs to be added at this stage. It is important the fleece does not lift during installation – on some surfaces a spiked roller may assist installation.
4. After the coat is dry enough to walk on, seal the roof area with second coat of Sikalastic® Liquid Applied Membrane with a consumption rate according to the
PDS of the Liquid Applied Membrane. Please note, always begin with details prior starting with waterproofing the horizontal surface. For details follow step 1−3.
For detailed application information please refer to the Method Statement of the corresponding Liquid Applied Membrane system.
- Mass: 120 g per m2
- Colour: White
- Available in Rolls of Various Widths and Lengths
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.